Chief Information Officer
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for developing and leading the technology strategy and digital/data transformation initiatives for the credit union. The CIO works closely with other C-level executives to provide strategic guidance that enables the organization to achieve its business objectives through the use of technology. The CIO will lead a team of technology professionals and manage the credit union’s technology infrastructure, software development, and cybersecurity efforts.
The CIO oversees the planning, design, implementation, and operation of technology solutions and services that support the organization's operations, security, and growth.
The CIO establishes overall strategy for design, installation and operations of software/hardware integration, system architecture, voice and data networks, e-commerce and intra/internet development and interface. The CIO plays a lead role in maintaining data integrity, ongoing risk assessments of network vulnerability, and development and maintenance of a contingency plan for data recovery.
The CIO functions as a member of the credit union’s Executive Team. Each Executive has responsibility for coordinating the planning and budgeting process for all reporting departments, managing the performance level of assigned staff, advancement of assigned Strategic Plan goal, and promotion of the credit union’s Core Values and Cultural Beliefs.
· Develop and implement technology strategies that align with the credit union’s business goals and objectives.
· Work with other C-level executives to identify and prioritize technology initiatives that will drive business growth
· Provide leadership and oversight to the credit union's technology teams, including infrastructure, software development, and cybersecurity.
· Responsible for the execution of regular reports to the President/CEO, C-level executives, and board of directors on the performance and effectiveness of the credit union’s technology portfolio.
· Manage the credit union's technology infrastructure and ensure it is secure, reliable, and scalable.
· Coordinate the implementation of new technology applications and services between the Information Technology Department and the operational departments of the credit union.
· Stays informed on emerging technologies to make recommendations for adoption or changes based on business processes and their potential impact on the credit union's business. Monitor insights brought forward by various surveys or other voice of the employee and member methods.
· Build and maintain strong, effective relationships with external vendors and partners.
· Establish operational procedures and standards for Information Technology areas in order to maintain a high level of response to member and employee problems or needs and to maintain the smooth and accurate processing of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual routines.
· Ensure the credit union's technology policies and practices comply with all relevant regulations and standards.
· In partnership with Chief Experience Officer, lead the development and implementation of the credit union's digital transformation initiatives.
· Manage the credit union's data analytics and reporting capabilities to support decision-making and improve business performance.
· Directs internal corporate information systems activities including systems analysis, vendor integration, and customer satisfaction.
· Oversee the design, development, and implementation of IT projects and initiatives.
· Develop an annual budget for all areas of responsibility.
· Create and maintain collaborative relationships with other leaders within our financial services industry through internal peer groups/focus groups as well as various industry and/or community organizations to establish “best practices” for CommonWealth One.
· Monitors current trends affecting the financial services industry including technical advances.
· Systems and processes are in compliance with credit union policies and procedures.
· Contract Negotiations and Administration are conducted to ensure most effective use of Credit Union resources and best return for the investment.
· Technology budget is well-documented and consistent with the strategic plans of the credit union.
· Effective communication and professional relationships are maintained with business departments, senior management and outside vendors/contractors.
· Departmental activities are carried out within prescribed timeframes.
· Errors and malfunctions are diagnosed and corrected with minimal disruption to internal staff and members.
· Security of credit union’s data and technical processing services in ensured.
· Staff is well qualified, highly trained and responsive to member needs.
· Tactics outlined in the Strategic Plan for the year are completed.
· Credit Union policies and procedures comply with applicable laws and regulations. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal regulations, including the Security and OFAC, Credit union Secrecy Act, Fair Lending, and the SAFE Act.
Education & Experience
· Ten or more years of progressively responsible information technology management, preferably for a financial institution.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree is desirable.
· Experienced in phone systems delivery options and integration of voice and data.
· Experience in driving data and digital transformation initiatives in a financial institution.
· Experience in Contract Negotiation and Administration.
· Experience in Vendor Relations and Management.
Skills & Abilities
· Excellent written and oral communication skills – the ability to present and interact well with all levels in a financial institution.
· Strong strategic planning capabilities that turn the credit union’s vision into a success roadmap.
· Ability to lead, coach and foster team culture that aligns with the credit union.
· Strong functional experience in all Microsoft office applications or similar office automation and communications platforms.
· Detailed analytical skills combined with a unique approach to problem solving.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Ability to lead, coach and supervise.
· Experience in presenting and interacting with Board of Directors, is desirable.
Other Pertinent Information
· Regular and satisfactory attendance required.
· Must maintain an acceptable personal credit history and be bondable.
Summary of Physical Demands:
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, audibly and quickly; hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information; use hands to perform such tasks a computer typing, file maintenance, using telephones, ten key adding machines and related office equipment; visual acuity required to prepare, read, and inspect documents and interpret information on a PC screen. This is primarily sedentary office work with occasional physical activity requiring lifting of small boxes/files. Local travel is required.
CommonWealth One FCUAlexandria, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.