CommonHealth strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day.
When you choose CommonHealth, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
CommonHealth Kentucky is a startup healthcare organization whose mission is to create and develop innovative, effective, and long-lasting substance abuse and mental health treatment programs to ensure that everyone experiences the highest quality of health, life, and well-being. To accomplish our mission, CommonHealth is seeking a highly qualified and passionate licensed counselors who would be interested in serving on our treatment team starting September 1st, 2020. This position is a part-time contracted role with a time commitment of roughly 8-40 hours per week and the possibility of developing into a full-time, salaried position in the future.
Your Job as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient’s treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various mediums which include both individual and group counseling sessions. The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan, oversee, facilitate and document their patient's recovery as well as provide leadership and guidance for the activities of other personnel.
We have daily shifts that allow our employees to have flexible schedules and enjoy quality time away from the facility if they choose. We operate Monday through Friday and Counselors can work as much, or as little as they would like.
Your Responsibilities as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
- Conduct individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conduct group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepare an individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensure all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provide crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluate patient’ needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- LPCC, LCSW, LMFT, LPAT, LCADC, CADC, MFT or similar license
If you would like to be part of a growing family-focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork, and innovation, we urge you to apply now!
CommonHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.