Audience Engagement and Distribution Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Common Sense (commonsense.org) is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent, age-based, and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Target.com, Xfinity, Apple TV, and many other partner platforms helping families make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, and concerned parents, caregivers, and teachers to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking an Audience Engagement and Distribution Coordinator to further our community work. You'll support and manage content, marketing, communications, and social media efforts, our bilingual texting offering, and general program needs, focusing on serving lower-income families and communities of color across the country. This position requires a Spanish speaker (both verbal and written), as well as a commitment to continuous improvement and the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Audience Engagement and Distribution
LOCATION: Remote OK
Please note: If this role allows for remote work, we will consider applicants for employment in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, NC, NE, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, and WA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Community Engagement & Social Media
- Act as the dedicated social media content scheduler for the Family and Community Engagement (FACE) team, and execute the team's social media strategy on Facebook (English and Spanish) and Instagram (Spanish). This includes community management and engagement with accounts that align with our work and audiences.
- Create culturally relevant copy and images to post regularly to our social media channels (30+ posts per week via FB in both languages + Instagram Latino).
- Analyze data and generate monthly reports to assess ad-hoc and campaign-specific performance on Facebook and Instagram; draft recurring reports to measure effectiveness over time.
- Monitor relevant news for the FACE audience (Latino, Black, and lower-income families) and flag for the team as needed.
- Work in collaboration with social media teams across the organization (Consumer, Education, and Advocacy) to coordinate and align messaging when appropriate.
- Research both paid and organic opportunities to increase Common Sense's visibility and reach within BIPOC communities.
- Support community engagement during virtual events, including livestreams, webinars, etc.
- Support text message content creation: coordinate translations, program content for third-party platforms, maintain content database, and reply to text message subscribers.
- Gather monthly metrics and results.
Content Support (written and video/visual formats):
- Liaise with the Video and Design teams to coordinate video translations, request video and image creation, and track timelines and final asset delivery.
- Facilitate Spanish-language article updates and translations (liaise with contract translator, bilingual content manager, and contract copy editor).
General Program Support
- Help inform our engagement approach and content creation by managing data entry and hygiene, maintaining reports and dashboards (including Google Analytics), and tracking team metrics for media outreach, social media, speaking engagements, and our texting program.
- Periodically review questions/suggestions submitted by our audience.
- Help the team stay organized and on track by supporting the management of projects using Asana and Google Drive.
- Support team with miscellaneous translations (English to Spanish) as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A bachelor's degree with a minor in media studies, journalism, marketing, English, or education.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish). Able to speak and write fluently in both languages.
- 1–2 years of experience as a coordinator working at mission-driven organizations.
- You are a great communicator.
- You have a high level of empathy and enjoy working with diverse teams.
- You believe in the power of education and the role that media and tech can play in helping lower-income families and communities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work with passionate professionals.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits: medical, dental, vision, and fitness.
- Matching 401(k).
- Work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our values, please visit our statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Common Sense will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. However, job offers are made on the condition that the applicant subsequently passes a criminal background check. If the background check indicates a prior criminal conviction, we will conduct an individualized assessment to determine whether the conviction should result in denial of employment.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
GovernmentView all jobs at Common Sense