Sales Account Specialist
- Expired: August 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sales Account Specialist
Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative is a "who" not a "what." As a cooperative, we are thousands of Wisconsin residents buying health insurance together, supported by a staff focused on providing the best possible service to our members. We are a not-for-profit cooperative, governed by a Board of Directors made up of members who purchase our health insurance. Any earnings are returned to our members in the form of lower prices and better services.
We are here because we can make a difference in the lives of others. We believe that serving our community is meaningful work and we hold it in the highest regard. We are vibrant, dynamic, and value-focused individuals who welcome different points of view, perspectives, and thoughtful solutions to challenges. We encourage teamwork, integrity, mutual respect, honesty and doing the right thing. We know the importance of showing appreciation for a job well done, celebrate our achievements, and make room for fun and laughter in the workplace.
We are continuously improving our efforts to serve our members and lower their overall healthcare cost through our three key pillars: Advocacy Partnership Innovation.
Does this sound like a culture you'd like to be a part of?
Come join a fun team of committed professionals!
How You'll Make a Difference
The Account Specialist (Specialist) is primarily responsible for enhancing growth by developing and maintaining excellent broker and group contact relationships. They are also responsible for the smooth onboarding of employer groups including, but not limited to material development for employee meetings, review of application materials for completeness and accuracy, and leading the end-to-end process from receipt of application to the delivery of ID cards. The Specialist ensures smooth operation of sales/service activities by providing essential support to the group Sales Executives and group brokers/agencies. This service/support role is critical to enable the Sales Executives to focus on new business development and expanded broker relationships that increase membership. The Specialist builds trusted relationships with brokers and employer group contacts and strives to provide them with exemplary service and trusted and understandable information.
Utilize Your Skills By:
- Develops positive and collaborative working relationships with licensed agents/agencies through the delivery of outstanding service and trusted knowledge;
- Works jointly with the Sales Executive (SE) team in the development of new and existing broker relationships that create value for the broker and maximize employer group growth opportunities;
- Supports the SE and broker relationships by delivering timely and high-quality proposals, quotes, presentations, and renewals;
- Serves as the primary point of contact for day-to-day service delivery.
- Assists in the planning and execution of employer group meetings designed to engage employees and ensure they understand their health insurance plan;
- Prepares employer group enrollment presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials;
- Answers email inquiries and material requests from brokers and employer group contacts;
- Completes enrollment process and ensures all required documentation is complete and on file;
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other departments to facilitate answers and hand offs where appropriate;
- Ensures accuracy of information conveyed to the broker community as related to plan benefits, our company and sales department policies, and commission and bonus program eligibility;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; and
- All other projects and duties as assigned.
What You'll Need to Bring:
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of three (3)years' experience in group health insurance;
- A college degree is preferred, and may substitute for fewer years of experience;
- Possession of an active State of Wisconsin Resident Health Insurance Agent License;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, including, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Focus and goal-oriented disposition;
- Self-driven with ability to take initiative and lead projects through to completion;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge of and ability to collaborate when necessary, with other departments;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrate enthusiasm about the account specialist role and remain up to date with changes;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising consistency in the process;
- Experience dealing and handling sensitive information;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and guarantee that all issues are allocated the required time to be handled in a professional manner.
- Maintain attendance according to Company standards;
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures;
- Abide by all requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act(HIPAA)
- Ability to treat others with dignity ,respect, and courtesy;
- Ability to maintain patient, employee, and proprietary confidentiality;
- Ability to provide professional image and act professionally;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations;
- Ability to provide excellent phone etiquette;
- Ability to multi-task
We've Got You Covered
CGHC offers a comprehensive benefit package and broad range of programs to meet the needs of our employees to help protect your health, wealth, and future.
Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative
BusinessView all jobs at Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative