Playground programming specialist - part time afternoons 3pm to 6pm
- $15 to $17 Hourly
Do you playing outside, having fun, and being creative? Are you ready to engage with young children in playful activities and get paid for it? Are you responsible and know how to facilitate safe fun? If so, this job is for you!
Common Ground Childcare is hiring afternoon playground programming specialists! This job will requires engagement with children ages 18 months to 10 years in the afternoon hours either out on our playground or in the classroom.
Common Ground has been providing quality care and education in Reston for over 50 years. Our summer program has always been a favorite of both the kids that attend and the counselors that work at it!
Camp shifts are 8-9 hours in length with a 30 minute paid break, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm. Counselors are generally assigned the same hours at one-week intervals. Upon applying you will mark the weeks that you are available, and days/times that you need off, and can include preferences in your schedule. There may be additional events that you can volunteer to work (paid hours) and counselors are eligible for overtime, though we try to not work you too hard!
Under the direction of the Lead Preschool Teachers:
- Assists and planning and implementing afternoon programs, games, and play.
- Provides high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences for our studentss.
- Supervises students and ensure their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Contributes to and facilitates lesson plans for daily activities.
- Organizes and leads various small and large group activities
- Ensures the cleanliness of the site.
- Assists in maintaining accurate program records, including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
- Knows and understands all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Records and tracks students’s dietary restrictions/allergies and ensures that the meals/snacks are distributed to them.
- Mediates any student disputes.
- Knows, enforces, and follows all safety guidelines associated with the camp program, including knowing the whereabouts of your charges at all times.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the play areas
Camp Counselor Skills / Qualifications:
- Enjoys being in the company of children
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Caring personality
- Organization skills
- Mediation skills
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks outside in various climates
- First aid and CPR certified (preseason training provided)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and finger printing
- must be 16+
- Education and/or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, babysitting, or in a related field
- First AID and CPR certified
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and fingerprinting in Virginia
Nice To Haves
We would love it if you have some camp experience, but don't let that stop you from applying if you think you'd be an excellent playground program specialist
Not only do we have competitive compensation, we always do an end of season bonus! Plus, if you are working in a week with a federal holiday, we pay you for those hours, provided you worked the day before and day after.
And best of all, when you come back from school, you can work during your breaks with us too! It's a job that you can keep coming back to!
Common Ground Child Care
1700 Wainwright DriveReston, VA
Get fresh Playground programming specialist - part time afternoons 3pm to 6pm jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.