Service Manager Job Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of all field technicians to ensure that all service, filter changes, installations, and inventory processes are properly completed in an efficient manner. Service manager performs occasional off site service or installation calls. Sales management of service department in relation to unit sales and service revenue production of field technicians. Responsible for monthly unit sales on an individual level. Manager works closely with the CEO, Sales Manager, the CFO/Operations Manager and Customer Service Department. Base salary plus generous commission has potential to reach six figure earnings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following and are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required by supervisory personnel.
- Service Manager will obtain and maintain Water Conditioning Master License.
- Works with HR to interview, screen and recommend potential service personnel.
- Responsible for the subsequent training, licensing, and managing required continuing education of all service technicians.
- Manage the routing of service, filters, installation including coordinating with Customer Service Department daily in regard to the amount of scheduled appointments and installations.
- Revenue production through individual sales and management of field techs sales.
- Provides training to sales department, customer service and field technicians as it relates to new products and services.
- Uses fleet management software to monitor the field technicians locations to aid in dispatch, as well as to log and coordinate fleet maintenance activities
- Managing inventory control from ordering parts and equipment through receiving and parts fulfillment to Burnsville and Golden Valley locations. This requires working with the production manager and accounting departments to assure accurate inventory. Supervises annual inventory count.
- Part of upper management team tasked with monthly and yearly forecasting, maintaining various management spreadsheets, and using iSolved for employee management.
- Will work with safety committee to ensure all OSHA standards and company safety policies are complied with at all times.
- Responsible to be available to work on an on call basis.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Manager will need current forklift certification.
Commers the Water StoreSince 1947 homes and businesses have trusted Commers with their water treatments needs, with Commers over 70 years of service, you can feel confident in our experience! Commers Water has worked with various fortune 500 companies and governmental agencies including DR Horton and the State Capitol of Minnesota. Commers is also a member of the national Home Builders Association and has worked closely with local builders in the Twin Cities for over forty years. The Governor and the Minnesota Trade Office have both honored Commers Water for manufacturing and distributing exceptionally good products.