Senior Payment Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Commercium Bank, is a chartered Wyoming Special Depository Institution (bank) located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We are building a digital bank, incorporating the benefits of blockchain with traditional banking. Our services include tokenizing and digitizing real world assets on the blockchain in the form of digital assets, securities and currencies.
Our team is focused on GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) at our very core, with operational experience in traditional banking, regulatory compliance, technology, and risk management. Customers are moving to digital platforms and are expecting digital financial products and services. Become a part of our team and help us build the new frontier of banking.
The right candidate will have a mindset to engage with our team (development and operations) - understanding their processes and challenges, evaluating additional opportunities, seeing the big-picture, and ultimately helping design a creative solution that will enable our bank to lead in the issue of digital assets/securities in a robust regulatory manner.
The Sr. Payment Specialist acts as a liaison between all lines of business at Commercium and will deal regularly with key vendors. This role requires an understanding of money movement, banking products, operations, and system functionality. A basic understanding of how blockchains work would also be desirable. Candidates must be results-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with stakeholders at various levels.
- Performs daily deposit operation functions for the bank including, but not limited to: ACH and check processing and return handling, wire transfer processing, dormant account monitoring and escheatment, IRA account processing and review, end of year tax reporting, statement rendering, returned deposited items, account research requests, deposit account reviews and corrections, returned mail, foreign checks processing.
- Manage deposit related core system parameters, including product rate changes and the development of new products and services at the request of management
- Delivers operational, technical, and functional expertise in the development of departmental policies and procedures. Continually evaluates policies and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and adjust when necessary
- Troubleshoots service issues and coordinates with various departments if necessary in the identification and resolution of operational issues. Identifies situations impacting customers to determine and implement solutions in a timely manner to service both internal and external customers
- Responsible for all deposit product government reporting, corrections, and customer research inquiries.
- Ensures completion of all court ordered subpoenas and summons. Maintains files for these types of requests
- Assist with documentation requests for federal, state, financial and internal auditors
- Cross-train in all Deposit Operations positions to provide backup capabilities and to provide support in all functions of the department.
- Minimum 5 years experience in digital payment processing within a financial institution is required.
- Experience in one of the following - Digital Payments/P2P Payments/Bill Pay
- Money Movement domain knowledge with rails like ACH, Fedwire, CHIPS, RTP, SWIFT, Zelle and also with Money Movement products like Bill Pay, Zelle, Me2Me Transfers, Me2Any Transfers for domestic and X-Border use cases
- Ability to provide clients with information and data, as well as gain their trust and respect while maintaining personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer. Ability to escalate to next level management.
- Professional and personable communication skills across multiple channels, such as email, phone, chat, and meetings
- Excellent investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to recognize control weaknesses and opportunities for process/operational improvements and develop viable risk mitigation strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in business related field.
Primary Location: North America-United States- Cheyenne, Wyoming
While we have a preference for candidates who can easily commute to Cheyenne, Wyoming, we will provide relocation assistance to new hires who are open to relocating to Cheyenne, Wyoming.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Commercium Bank without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. Commercium Bank is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Please note that at this time, Commercium Bank is not able to consider job seekers who will need, now or in the future, sponsorship of work visas.