Job Description – Shipping / Receiving / Inventory Clerk
40 hours per week, Occasional Overtime
Coordinates the receiving and inventory management of aftermarket vehicle accessories.
The Shipping / Receiving / Inventory Clerk assists shop Installers in finding components for vehicle installations.
The person in this role will also interact with customers to order and direct ship accessories to customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Receive, count, and inspect inventory.
2. Palletize, box, and prepare inventory for shipping.
3. Prepare shipping documents.
4. Call, schedule, and coordinate trucks.
5. Take calls from customers and assist them with direct ship purchases.
6. Sound understanding of warehouse inventory procedures and safe warehouse storage practices.
7. Pull material for assembly
8. Experience working with basic computer programs such as Microsoft and email.
9. Completion of work in a timely manner in accordance with company expectations.
10. Ability to identify and source products in the warehouse with work orders and manufacturers part number identification.
11. Checks receiving orders for accuracy, and keeps accurate files of material received.
12. Receives inventory into CVI programs.
13. Emails appropriate CVI personnel with special order arrival status.
14. Assists in quarterly inventory counts and cycle counts.
15. Assists with inventory entry.
16. Assist the branch manager in improving inventory accuracy and process improvement.
17. Maintain shop/lot housekeeping to assure a clean positive environment for our customers.
18. 1-year + experience in the operation of forklifts and other material handling equipment.
19. Inspection of material handling equipment for defects and notifying management when repairs are required
20. Follow all safety rules, policies, and operate all company tools and equipment in a safe manner using required safety equipment.
21. Assists with administrative duties when required.
B. Teamwork Orientation.
C. Time Management.
D. Organizational Skill.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Work area can be exposed to extreme temperatures (highs and lows).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; kneel; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting less than 70 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours and days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional overtime may be required.
Required Education and Experience
1. 18 years old with a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
2. Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
3. Must be able to read, understand, and follow detailed written instructions as provided.
4. 1 + year experience in the operation of forklifts or other material handling equipment.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Previous warehouse or inventory control experience.
Only local travel is required for this position.
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.