Chief Financial Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
Commercial Tool Group (CTG), located in Comstock Park, Michigan, is comprised of four legal entities: Commercial Tool & Die, CG Automation & Fixture, CG Plastics, and Marnie's Transport, LLC. Commercial Tool & Die is a company specializing as a leading manufacturer of plastic injection and die cast molds and through our sister companies, fixtures, special machinery, and custom molding, we provide quality service to the automotive, appliance, hardware and toy producing industries. We are a third-generation, family-owned organization with a rich history spanning nearly 70 years. Our on-going success hinges on continued customer and employee satisfaction. The Group is strongly committed to investing in our roughly 300 employees, equipment, and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation, and opportunities in a technology-driven environment.
We are looking to add a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our leadership team and provide the sound and expert-level analysis, reporting, and advisement to help guide us into the future for Commercial Tool Group. The CFO will plan, direct, and coordinate the financial and accounting activities group wide. The CFO will lead and grow the accounting department and work closely with the CEO, President, leadership team, and staff members to establish policies and formulate plans.
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, and investment activities of Commercial Tool Group.
- Oversee and manage Commercial Tool Group insurance programs including property, casualty, worker's compensation, and collaborate with Human Resources on employee benefits.
- Analyze and evaluate financial performance of Commercial Tool Group companies.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Lead staff training and development in budgeting and financial management areas.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Directs, plans, and implements policies and objectives of Commercial Tool in accordance with company objectives.
- Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of department and staff and to determine areas of cost reduction and program improvement.
- Reviews financial statements and sales and activity reports to ensure that organization's objectives are achieved.
- Well organized, detail and process oriented
- Resourceful, self-motivated, team player with the ability to coordinate workload independently to complete tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with strong time management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance, required.
- 5+ years of experience in management level accounting position.
- Personal computer skills including the use of MS Office Word, Excel, and ERP software
What You're Seeking
- A place where you can be challenged and contribute to our goal of continued customer satisfaction. An opportunity to put your stamp on things. A company who shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, paid holidays, PTO, great benefits, employer-paid life insurance, employer-paid long/short term disability, 401k match and more!
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people.
If this sounds exciting to you and reflects your experience and capabilities, we invite you to formally apply for consideration.
CTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Commercial Tool Group
AddressComstock Park, MI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Commercial Tool Group