We are seeking a General Licensed Real Estate State Appraiser to join our growing team! You will handle all real estate activities and transactions on behalf of the clients.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively conducting residential, commercial, and agricultural property internal market evaluations
- Receives market evaluation requests. Verifies requests contain sufficient information and documentation to conduct the review including legal descriptions, water rights, site plans, plat maps, construction plans and bids, improvement descriptions, and sketches
- Conducts on-site inspections and gathers all relevant information to formulate a supported value opinion. Examines building exterior and interior, construction plans, and vacant land. Attempts to determine the present condition of the heating, air conditioning, plumbing and electrical wiring systems. Makes accurate property measurements. Consults specialists as necessary
- Collects, inspects, verifies, analyzes, and reconciles comparable data available to formulate various approaches to market value of a property
- Develops and maintains relationships with brokers and appraisers
- Takes photographs of interior and exterior for documentation and inclusion in appraisal report
- Collects relevant data for development and construction projects including sales and revenue projections, marketing time, and determining appropriate discounts
- Prepares written appraisal reports compliant with USPAP and FIRREA and other applicable regulations
- Organizes appraisal and evaluation assignments in order to minimize driving time
- Assumes responsibility for effectively reviewing residential, commercial, and agricultural property appraisals and internal market evaluations
- Receives internal market evaluations from branches and appraisals from vendors
- Review reports for accuracy, reasonableness, and support for the resulting market value
- Requests revisions and additions as necessary
- Accesses software platform used in the order, receipt, and revision of externally-prepared appraisals
- Reviews construction projects to accurately determine the percentage of completion
- Conducts surveys regarding current market conditions
- Uses all relevant cost data, market analyses, and survey information to assist in the development of appropriate appraisal policies and procedures
- Attends regular training courses to maintain professional acumen, licenses and certifications
- Maintains and acquires professional licenses
- Maintains and acquires access to the Multiple Listing Service
- Keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems or concerns
- Manage and performs detailed appraisals, valuations, evaluations, appraisal reviews, with primary focus being commercial real estate in designated markets, but also experienced in all property types and well as with all geographic areas nationally.
- Serve as an expert on a wide range of collateral and credit risk issues, serving objectively, with independence, free from bias to accurately assess and evaluate collateral and credit risk exposures, as well as appropriate actions and mitigants to effectively and proactively reduce bank risk exposures.
- Perform detailed review and analysis of all types of commercial appraisal reports prepared by vendors, to ensure these appraisals meet applicable standards, guidelines and techniques for compliance with bank policies, procedures, applicable laws and regulations
- Assist in managing valuation assignments for commercial loans; including bidding and turn time negotiation, working closely with third party valuation vendors
- Proactively identify high risk commercial markets/property types and trends and identifies solutions within the appraisal and review process based on this information
Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum certification as a General Real Property Appraiser
- At least 4 years of experience with conducting and/or reviewing appraisals of residential, commercial and agricultural real estate
- Knowledge of appraisal and internal market evaluation processes and techniques required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Able to use financial calculator and related computer applications and business machines
- Bachelors Degree from college or university and MAI Designation preferred
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Commercial Tax Network
Why Work Here?Commercial Tax Network has been in business for over 30 years. We have over 75 years of combined real estate experience. We are a small family ran business.
Our firm has been in busy over 30 years. We save our clients money. We are growing fast in this industry.