We are looking for a commercial property manager to join our team that includes an accounting department, maintenance engineers and other property management personnel! We manage office, retail, industrial and medical buildings in Southeastern North Carolina and South Carolina. As a property manager, you will be charged with the day-to-day tasks that ensure the commercial properties are well maintained and operated and compliant with property management agreements and company standards.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Develop and maintain positive owner relationships. Provide ownership with a summary of operations, including variances to the budget, tenant issues, and capital projects.
- Conduct regular inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Review and reconcile Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery charges and ensure they are submitted for payment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contract for and supervise all vendors and personnel working at the property to maintain a high standard of performance in accordance with the terms of contracts and the expectations of the owners and tenants.
- Ensure timely collection of rents from tenants due under lease agreements, follow up on delinquent payments and recommend and coordinate legal action as necessary.
- Organize, prepare and attend annual meetings for Property Owners Associations.
- Assist in marketing and procurement of new property management opportunities.
- Review and approve invoices for operating expenses and maintenance work orders.
- Prepare and execute annual operating budgets for each property.
- Develop scopes of work for capital projects such as roof or parking lot replacements, bid all work, and coordinate the execution of these projects.
- Review of monthly financial statements and prepare variance analysis comparing actual income and expenses to budgeted levels.
- Provide information to insurance carriers for building and rental values and report any liability claims against the properties or owners. Bid out insurance policies and track policy expiration dates.
- Oversee and administer tenant move ins and move outs, including reviewing leases, preparing lease abstracts and conducting final inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining key system and building/property security.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up-to-date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes.
- Understand and effectively manage and enforce the requirements of lease agreements, restrictive covenants and other documents governing the properties.
Please do not apply for this position unless you have 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate and a commercial real estate license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate required
- North Carolina real estate license required
- Strong knowledge of commercial buildings
- Solid understanding of commercial leases
- Budgeting and financial reporting expertise
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Yardi or other property management software preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and accurate, especially with numbers
- Self-motivated, self-directed and capable of working independently
- Ability to work with staff in solving problems, take direction and function as part of a team
- Recognize the importance of confidentiality with our clients
Commercial Real Estate Company
Why Work Here?We are a locally owned commercial real estate company that provides third party brokerage, management and maintenance. We are located in Southeastern North Carolina and we manage a wide variety of real estate product types. We believe in a hands on approach to managing our properties meaning that we are on the ground at each property meeting with the tenants and landlords building close working relationships where ever possible.
Working for our company makes you feel like you are part of a family. We offer great benefits and a collaborative work environment.