Senior Project Manager
Commercial Programming Systems, Inc. Plano, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Project Manager
This is a full time salaried position. 100% remote work is authorized.
Our client is a leading IT consulting firm specializing in the optimization of complex end-to-end business process systems for a multitude of business verticals including Financial Services, Digital Media, Healthcare, and Transportation industries. They provide high-touch bespoke software engineering, systems integration, and infrastructure management services to clients of all sizes and industries. From large scale mass communication projects to highly secure and confidential data analytics using Big Data frameworks like Hadoop and AWS Redshift,
The Sr. Project Manager provides structure and supports the overall vision for assigned projects (e.g. application development, web development, business process improvement, etc). Plans, organizes, and controls the activities of other design disciplines (e.g. Business Analysts, User Experience Architects, Visual Designers, etc) and works closely with technical project leads in order to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects that meet or exceed expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates relevant project information to stakeholders, including status, risk, issues, and deliverables.
- Ensures that solutions are understood and properly addresses stakeholders’ business requirements.
- Manages small projects or subprojects within a larger project.
- Coordinate all activities of the project team and ensure that project tasks are completed by scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/stakeholder reviews, etc) and communicating action steps and expectations to the team.
- Deliver regular status reports to project team, stakeholders, and management.
- Act as the point of contact for all day-to-day project issues.
- Develop, maintain, review and/or disseminate all project documentation including project charter, status reports, invoices, change orders, schedules, budgets, and retrospective reviews.
- Collaborate on the content and presentation of key deliverables to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness.
- Ensure that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes, and is reviewed and approved.
- Manage and control project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Identify project risks, develop a risk response plan, and regularly communicate risk status to the project team and stakeholders.
- Establish benchmarks for measuring deliverable quality and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Create a team environment that encourages trust, respect, and a focus on stakeholder goals.
- Recognize and resolve conflicts involving project team members.
- Mentor junior team members and provide employee on-boarding and training.
- Ensure direct reports follow standard policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+years of technical project management experience.
- Full SDLC experience.
- Experience in SQL environment.
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience with at least two implementation projects
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Commercial Programming Systems, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Commercial Programming Systems, Inc.