Commercial Metals Company Lexington, SC
- Expired: November 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
it's what's inside that counts
There's more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it's the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
CMC provides an excellent opportunity to learn the steel industry and grow in your career. Whether you will spend your day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of our mills, at CMC, you'll get the training and support from your team that you need to excel in your role and reach your full potential.
- Manage scheduling of shipments and notify departments or customers of arrival/pickup dates
- Ensure ferrous or non-ferrous products are up to quality specifications of both internal and external customers
- Perform all quality related functions for the location such as Tests, Inspections (Internal & External), Reports, Set-ups, Filing, etc.
- Inspect shipments of scrap to ensure material meets specifications and is free from environmental hazards in accordance with scrap acceptance policy
- Collaborate with commercial department concerning quality and consistency of customer deliveries
- Notify operations and commercial supervisors of problems and recommend procedures to correct violations or issues encountered during inspection
- Assist department to meet Quality andKPIgoals and requirements
- Prior knowledge of metal identification is a plus
- Experience in either recycling or manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous experience operating forklift, skid steer, loader or similar equipment
- Basic knowledge of computers and MS Office programs - Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment, with strong work ethic, pay attention to detail and find root causes for issues
- Knowledge of quality standards/procedures
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over thelast 100 years - but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to joinCMC. Apply today and start moving your career - and our world - forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Commercial Metals Company
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Commercial Metals Company