Senior Collection Representative (Location: Dallas, TX or Seguin, TX)
Commercial Metals Company Seguin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a Senior Collections Representative to assist in collecting funds owed by customers by following company procedures, as well as multiple state bond and lien laws. If this role sounds exciting to you, apply online today!
- Perform collection duties of accounts receivable for an assigned area
- Complete and document daily collection calls and identify high risk accounts / placing accounts in suspension within department guidelines
- Responsible for timely dispute resolution and negotiation/pay outs within department guidelines
- Identify, document and distribute disputes to the appropriate area for resolution
- Conduct conferences with sales and-or customers to resolve disputed items
- Conduct monthly meetings to communicate collection status of balances on assigned accounts with branch and company management
- Prepare and mail preliminary lien notices and bond claims that comply with state statutes in order to secure account receivable balances
- File & record actual lien filings according to State Statutes
- Responsible for reviewing open AR by project / signing legal documents waiving security rights when applicable
- 5 to 10+ years of collection experience in construction or manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience with lien releases and waivers required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
- SAP experience a plus
- In Depth knowledge of mechanic and materialman lien statutes and payment bond claim procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a professional demeanor in all situations
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- College degree and/or equivalent experience
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways that connect our communities, and raise the bar for what it means to do meaningful work day in and day out. In short, you’re ready to be part of CMC. Join us and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We have a commitment to our employees, and take pride in recruiting and developing the best talent. As a CMC employee, we provide you the support you need to grow in your career, and ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to do your job the right way - correctly, consistently and safely – every day. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority.
Learn more today, and discover how you can take the next step in your career with the CMC family.
Commercial Metals CompanyWhy Work Here?
We reward high performance and offer industry-leading pay and benefits package while working in a rewarding environment!
At CMC, we firmly believe that our people are the key to our success. Our energetic and entrepreneurial spirit has enabled us to remain a leader in the metals industry for more than 100 years, and we believe our success is a direct result of the contributions and work ethic of the most talented work force in the industry. We have a commitment to our employees, and take pride in recruiting and developing the best talent. As a CMC employee, we provide you the support you need to grow in your career, and ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to do your job the right way - correctly, consistently and safely – every day. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority. Learn more today, and discover how you can take the next step in your career with the CMC family.
Finance and Insurance