Commercial Metals Company Charlotte, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Now Paying Hiring Bonuses: $250 per month for the first year of employment!
CMC provides an excellent opportunity to learn the steel industry and grow in your career. Whether you will spend your day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of our mills, at CMC, you’ll get the training and support from your team that you need to excel in your role and reach your full potential.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows safety regulations
- Operates production equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Participates in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively upholds the CMC Safety Culture
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Able to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with strong multitasking abilities, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in either recycling and/or manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous experience operating forklift, skid steer, loader or similar equipment
- Prior knowledge of metal identification is a plus
- 1 or more years of metals recycling experience required with Non-ferrous experience preferred
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you’re ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We have a commitment to our employees, and take pride in recruiting and developing the best talent. As a CMC employee, we provide you the support you need to grow in your career, and ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to do your job the right way - correctly, consistently and safely – every day. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority.
Learn more today, and discover how you can take the next step in your career with the CMC family.
Commercial Metals CompanyWhy Work Here?
We reward high performance and offer industry-leading pay and benefits package while working in a rewarding environment!
At CMC, we firmly believe that our people are the key to our success. Our energetic and entrepreneurial spirit has enabled us to remain a leader in the metals industry for more than 100 years, and we believe our success is a direct result of the contributions and work ethic of the most talented work force in the industry. We have a commitment to our employees, and take pride in recruiting and developing the best talent. As a CMC employee, we provide you the support you need to grow in your career, and ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to do your job the right way - correctly, consistently and safely – every day. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority. Learn more today, and discover how you can take the next step in your career with the CMC family.