IT Programmer / Business Analyst
Commercial Metals Company Mesa, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
CMC is currently seeking an IT Business Analyst - Mills Process to provide business analytical and technical expertise to the Mill line of business for the design, development, modification, and support of the business processes, data, analytics, and software applications supporting the Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) environment. The candidate will drive process change and standardization through change initiatives and process improvement projects including relevant change management activities to enhance business acceptance. If this role sounds exciting to you, apply online today!
- Problem solving including root cause analysis and corrective action
- Plan, prioritize and drive issues, tasks, and deliverables from concept to closure
- Provide training and support during implementation of systems
- Work across different non-technical and technical functional groups
- Customer service focused
- Ability to work in a global, multi-site, and cross functional organization
- Experience in a variety of technologies including C++ and .Net environments
- Database knowledge focusing on MS SQL Server, 2+ years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of data analytics and data warehousing
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies and industry best practices
- Knowledge of Project Management routines and disciplines
- Knowledge of Networking protocols-TCP / IP, VPNs, Access Control lists, Routing, bridging, etc.
- Knowledge of Wireless Networking
- Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server, Server roles - DNS, DHCP, MS Exchange, Active Directory, and Office 2010/2013 experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including facilitation
- Demonstrates proactive collaboration and contributing to building teamwork through open and honest communication
- Accountability /takes responsibility for deliverables
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative and be proactive in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science preferred; or equivalent relevant experience
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways that connect our communities, and raise the bar for what it means to do meaningful work day in and day out. In short, you’re ready to be part of CMC. Join us and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We have a commitment to our employees, and take pride in recruiting and developing the best talent. As a CMC employee, we provide you the support you need to grow in your career, and ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to do your job the right way - correctly, consistently and safely – every day. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority.
Learn more today, and discover how you can take the next step in your career with the CMC family.
Commercial Metals CompanyWhy Work Here?
We reward high performance and offer industry-leading pay and benefits package while working in a rewarding environment!
At CMC, we firmly believe that our people are the key to our success. Our energetic and entrepreneurial spirit has enabled us to remain a leader in the metals industry for more than 100 years, and we believe our success is a direct result of the contributions and work ethic of the most talented work force in the industry. We have a commitment to our employees, and take pride in recruiting and developing the best talent. As a CMC employee, we provide you the support you need to grow in your career, and ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to do your job the right way - correctly, consistently and safely – every day. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority. Learn more today, and discover how you can take the next step in your career with the CMC family.