Human Resources Generalist
Commercial Metals Company Kissimmee, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
CMC provides an excellent opportunity to learn the steel industry and grow in your career. Whether you will spend your day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of our mills, at CMC, you’ll get the training and support from your team that you need to excel in your role and reach your full potential.
- Responsible for making sure all staffing needs are met in a timely manner
- Ensure all recruiting activity and documentation is managed in CMC's applicant tracking system and in accordance with affirmative action policies
- Responsible for new employee orientations
- Ensure positive employee relations and build the CMC culture based on our Guiding Principles
- Responsible for day-to-day transactions such as processing new hires and employee data changes, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of information entered in the system
- Oversee implementation of CMC programs to comply with various governmental regulations dealing with EEO, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA and other related Federal & State laws
- Assist with investigations and formulate responses to government, legal or internally reported employee relations charges
- Participate in compensation planning, performance assessment and employee development planning
- Understand and educate employees regarding CMC's benefits, including support of the annual enrollment process
- Training and facilitation
- Identify and communicate general issues and concerns to the HR Manager and participate in solving such issues
- Ensure consistent CMC policy implementation
- Minimum 3 years work experience required in human resources. This could include a combination of recruiting, employee relations, benefits, training, compensation, or labor relations
- Knowledge of EEO, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, Workers Compensation, DOL, E-Verify, and other related Federal & State laws required
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Strong client facing skills with a consultative mindset and ability to effectively problem solve
- Proficient in MS Office programs – Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or related field required.
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways that connect our communities, and raise the bar for what it means to do meaningful work day in and day out. In short, you’re ready to be part of CMC. Join us and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We have a commitment to our employees, and take pride in recruiting and developing the best talent. As a CMC employee, we provide you the support you need to grow in your career, and ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to do your job the right way - correctly, consistently and safely – every day. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority.
Learn more today, and discover how you can take the next step in your career with the CMC family.
Commercial Metals CompanyWhy Work Here?
We reward high performance and offer industry-leading pay and benefits package while working in a rewarding environment!
At CMC, we firmly believe that our people are the key to our success. Our energetic and entrepreneurial spirit has enabled us to remain a leader in the metals industry for more than 100 years, and we believe our success is a direct result of the contributions and work ethic of the most talented work force in the industry. We have a commitment to our employees, and take pride in recruiting and developing the best talent. As a CMC employee, we provide you the support you need to grow in your career, and ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to do your job the right way - correctly, consistently and safely – every day. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority. Learn more today, and discover how you can take the next step in your career with the CMC family.