- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Commercial HVAC/Plumbing company in the Jackson, MS area is now interviewing for a receiving clerk. Our company has served the Mississippi and surrounding states for over 50 years. We offer individuals with very competitive compensation and benefit program and an opportunity for growth. Listed below is the overview for this position.
The Receiving Clerk receives, inspects, and records shipments of HVAC equipment, parts and supplies. Occasionally assists company employees in lifting, loading and unloading material. Performs all job responsibilities in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Receive and unload material when Warehouse attendant is not present.
· Verify material received matches packing slips
· Verify material received is in good condition and undamaged
· Ensure all material received is properly protected, labeled and organized
· Retain packing slips and invoices
· Create, maintain, and distribute purchase order report and receiving log daily
· Scan invoices to system and send to AP for processing
· Review and properly code invoices to the general ledger.
· Coordinate invoice approvals with AP staff and mangers
· Negotiating prices, rates and contracts with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best deals on behalf of the company.
· Evaluating suppliers by considering price, quality, lead times, delivery and other criteria.
· Interacting with suppliers to schedule delivery times and resolve shipping errors.
· Occasionally issue purchase orders to vendors
· Maintain inventory of office supplies, restroom products, and consumables for the kitchen/breakroom
· Employees must embrace a culture of safe work practices and behaviors.
· We abide by all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for a safe workplace. Employees must follow all manager and supervisor instructions to ensure safe work practices.
· Employees must not perform acts that may endanger the safety or well-being of others.
· Employees will not engage in pranks, contests, or rough boisterous behavior.
· Reports any unsafe acts, conditions and hazards to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
· We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Commercial HVAC/Plumbing Contractor
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Commercial HVAC/Plumbing Contractor