Established and growing regional general contractor has an immediate opening for an experienced Site Superintendent for commercial projects. This opportunity is for someone local to the Atlanta, GA area and will be focused on interior build-outs.
Primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the field construction and to complete the work on schedule, within budget and while maintaining quality workmanship.
Skills needed for the job include:
- Strong knowledge of sequencing and work flow of construction activities for all trades.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Management in the development of the on-site procedures.
- Work with the Project Management to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- Plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Management including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, jobsite logistics and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- Coordinate, direct, monitor, and inspect the activities of the Subcontractors and suppliers.
- Verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements.
- See that all required permits or licenses have been obtained.
- Cooperate with and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- Receive and review the Subcontractors Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- Review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the client and public.
- Coordinate timely delivery of materials to jobsite.
- Manage all labor crews and self-performed work.
- Ensure that client satisfaction is paramount.
- 5 years minimum experience in the construction industry in a similar role
- Prior carpentry experience
Company offers aggressive compensation package for the right candidate and room to grow with the company.
Commercial experience only. Residential need not apply.
Do not call. Only reply via email.