JOB TITLE:Fire Alarm Specialist (Full Time)
LOCATION:Pacific Northwest Region (Oregon/Seattle)
DEPARTMENT:Projects and Service
REPORTS TO:Director of Projects and Service
FLSA CATEGORY:Non - Exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reporting to the Regional Service Manager, the Fire Life Safety Specialist is responsible for performing, under some supervision, routine Fire Alarm system troubleshooting and repairs, basic system programming associated with system start-ups, minor Fire Alarm system changes and modifications, and Testing and Inspecting Fire Alarm systems, fire suppression and kitchen hoods as required. Fire Life Safety Specialist will need to have the ability to use general hand tools and some power tools, the ability to read blue prints, operate small lifts and basic electrical knowledge is a plus. Job duties include, but are not limited to, servicing, inspecting, testing and installing of Fire Alarm systems to the prescribed standards. This position will also require the preparation of time reports and service tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES:
- At least 2 years of Fire Alarm Installation experience is required
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills is required
- Must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret blueprints and diagrams with assistance.
- Must possess physical capability to transport required tools and equipment to location where work is being done under various site conditions.
- Prompt, consistent, regular attendance.
- Clean driving record with valid driver’s license
- Clean background check
- Great work ethic
- Professional appearance
- Certifications a plus (NICET Reg 4)
COMPETENCIES:Skilled and self-motivated individual, team-oriented and can work well alone or together with others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires constant (67%-100%) bending; reaching; stooping; pushing; pulling; grasping; standing; reaching; climbing tall heights; twisting; and lifting/carrying equipment, and tools (up to 100 lbs unassisted). Requires occasional (0-33%) sitting and driving. Must possess stamina to perform physical labor for extended periods of time while enduring dirt, dust, smoke, fumes, and loud noises outdoors in all temperatures, in and around electrical and natural elements. Requires constant mental alertness, corrected vision, and hearing to normal range. Requires ability to communicate clearly. Requires ability to drive a vehicle. Must possess excellent hand-eye and gross motor coordination, plus manual dexterity. Must be able to wear/utilize required safety equipment.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:Should have a clean driving record, and pass a background check and drug testing.
OTHER DUTIES:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Employee Group Medical Insurance Coverage 100% paid by the Company (Choose between EPO and PPO Nationwide Network)
- Employee Group Dental (DHMO) Insurance Coverage 100% paid by the Company (upgrade to PPO available for minimal cost)
- Employee Vision and Chiropractic embedded in the medical plan paid by the Company
- Employee Life Insurance/AD&D paid by the Company
- Employee Long Term Disability paid by the Company
- Additional Optional Vision Coverage
- 2 Weeks Accrued Paid Vacation
- 3 Days Paid Sick Leave
- 1 Day Paid Personal Holiday
- 8 Paid Major Holidays
- The Best 401(k) Plan in the industry!!!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team Building and Team Appreciation Events
- And much more!!!
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS LINK: https://cfp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=46
Commercial Fire Protection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)