HVAC Mechanical Engineer
- Posted: March 16, 2023
Commercial Express HVAC is a prominent mechanical contracting company serving customers throughout the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and DC region. Commercial Express features a dynamic and growing in-house design/build group with over 20 years of commercial design experience; and we are seeking a full time Mechanical Engineer to join the team. As a mechanical engineer, you will be responsible for helping to advance Commercial Express' customer-oriented vision by contributing to its reputation as industry experts. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of HVAC related experience and will be working alongside engineers and sales executives to develop turnkey, energy efficient solutions. The candidate must be organized, motivated, detail oriented and be able to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- Perform engineering site surveys and assessments of building mechanical systems. (Must be willing to survey above ceilings, climb ladders, and access rooftops, etc.)
- Work with architects, engineers, general contractors, property managers, and tenants to evaluate their needs and provide solutions.
- Work collaboratively to advise and support our sales executives and service department staff on customer design related issues.
- Develop cost estimates for engineering design and project construction.
- Develop detailed project proposals and scope of work documents for customer review as well as internal project construction reference.
- Perform heating and cooling load calculations for new and existing commercial spaces.
- Develop mechanical design drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit, suitable for permit and construction, and make product equipment selections to satisfy end user needs.
- Perform ventilation calculations and design code reviews based on current International Mechanical Code and ASHRAE standards.
- Prepare and submit permit documents through the corresponding jurisdiction.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent on-the-job experience
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD
- Minimum 4 years of HVAC related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project a professional and positive attitude
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes
- Ability to read and understand specifications, architectural and mechanical plans
- Proficiency in Revit
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE)
- Proficiency in HVAC load calculation software such as Carrier HAP
Commercial Express HVAC LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?