Translator / Interpreter (English-Korean)
- Posted: June 21, 2022
COMMERCIAL CONTRACTING CORPORATION
Commercial Contracting Corporation (CCC) is an employee-owned, full-service general building and process equipment installation contractor. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, CCC serves industrial, commercial and institutional clients throughout North America.
At CCC, we've earned a reputation for being the "go-to" contractor for projects that are considered dirty, dangerous or difficult work - the kind of construction projects many other companies aren't capable of handling. It's made possible because our mission is to identify, hire and retain the very best people in the industry. So, whether you're fresh out of school or a seasoned construction pro, you'll find the most challenging and rewarding work at CCC.
Ensuring our employees receive the same outstanding experience as our clients is a big deal to us. That's why we've developed a culture that rewards teamwork, fosters great pride in what we do, values family and relationships, encourages leadership, and empowers individuals at every level. We're always looking for talented people with passion who share the core values and beliefs on which our company was founded.
MISSION: TO IDENTIFY, HIRE AND RETAIN THE VERY BEST PEOPLE.
INTEGRITY: We're one team made up of people who are dependable and act with integrity.
HUMILITY: We are humble team players who prioritize the mission over personal ego.
DRIVE: Our people are passionate about their work, relationships and success.
LOYALTY: We are dedicated to achieving the mission of each project and the overall company.
ATTITUDE: We will inspire others to be positive and overcome the daily challenges to achieve our mission.
CCC was awarded the Top Workplaces USA Award for 2022 and earned the Top Workplaces Regional Awards from the Detroit Free Press from 2015 - 2021.
We are proud to offer a very competitive wage and benefit compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, vacation pay, holiday pay, personal time, employee stock ownership program (ESOP), and a generous 401K program.
Auburn Hills, MI
We are seeking a Translator/Interpreter (English-Korean) who is equally fluent in both spoken and written English and Korean to support multiple teams and projects. This role will work in a team environment performing written translations (documents, emails, schedules, reports, etc.) and oral interpretations (meetings, recorded messages, video recordings, etc.) from English into Korean or from Korean into English. This role will also be responsible for routine clerical duties, reporting, facilitating presentations, and performing other related work as assigned.
- Act as language translator for English to Korean and vice-versa.
- Assist with sales and marketing efforts in securing bid opportunities with Korean vendors performing construction and equipment installations in the US.
- Establish and foster new customer relationships throughout various markets and industries.
- Participate in the bidding / RFQ process for Korean work in US on select bids to learn CCC estimating and bridge the gap between CCC and Korean vendor expectations for quoting.
- Assist project managers in efforts to learn how CCC field operations work with the idea of potentially becoming a self-sufficient project manager for a potential growth path. A few examples would include scheduling, submittals, budget management, billings, invoicing, QA-QC, status reports to customer and upper management, tradesman / payroll interaction, identifying and resolving various site challenges and striving for a zero-safety incident work environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality as required.
- Travel will be required to project sites.
- May require evening and weekend hours.
- Other duties as assigned in and outside of translation.
- Fluency in both English and Korean in reading, writing and speaking.
- Ability to provide quality interpretation and translation services in a timely manner.
- Must be able to estimate time needed for translation of assignments and to produce translated materials within required timelines.
- Ability to quickly learn current technical terms/concepts/trends.
- Research and presentation skills.
- Ability to excel in a team environment, ability to build/maintain positive relationships through strong collaboration efforts.
- Knowledge of cultural nuances of Korea required.
- Experience translating/interpreting in a business environment highly preferred.
- Experience translating/interpreting in an industrial, battery, construction, commercial, technical, engineering or other related industry preferred.
Commercial Contracting Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, color, race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Commercial Contracting Corporation
AddressAuburn Hills, MI
GovernmentView all jobs at Commercial Contracting Corporation