Senior Project Manager
- Posted: 1 day ago
COMMERCIAL CONTRACTING CORPORATION
Commercial Contracting Corporation (CCC) is an employee-owned, full-service general building and process equipment installation contractor. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, CCC serves industrial, commercial and institutional clients throughout North America.
At CCC, we’ve earned a reputation for being the “go-to” contractor for projects that are considered dirty, dangerous or difficult work – the kind of construction projects many other companies aren’t capable of handling. It’s made possible because our mission is to identify, hire and retain the very best people in the industry. So, whether you’re fresh out of school or a seasoned construction pro, you’ll find the most challenging and rewarding work at CCC.
Ensuring our employees receive the same outstanding experience as our clients is a big deal to us. That’s why we’ve developed a culture that rewards teamwork, fosters great pride in what we do, values family and relationships, encourages leadership, and empowers individuals at every level. We’re always looking for talented people with passion who share the core values and beliefs on which our company was founded.
MISSION: TO IDENTIFY, HIRE AND RETAIN THE VERY BEST PEOPLE.
INTEGRITY: We're one team made up of people who are dependable and act with integrity.
HUMILITY: We are humble team players who prioritize the mission over personal ego.
DRIVE: Our people are passionate about their work, relationships and success.
LOYALTY: We are dedicated to achieving the mission of each project and the overall company.
ATTITUDE: We will inspire others to be positive and overcome the daily challenges to achieve our mission.
CCC was awarded the Top Workplaces USA Award for 2022 and earned the Top Workplaces Regional Awards from the Detroit Free Press from 2015 – 2021.
We are proud to offer a very competitive wage and benefit compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, vacation pay, holiday pay, personal time, employee stock ownership program (ESOP), and a generous 401K program.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Auburn Hills, MI
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager with 10+ years of experience with large automotive and industrial equipment installation projects. The ideal candidate has a strong resume in project management on automotive and industrial and projects with self-perform experience. The function of this position is to manage construction projects in the automotive and industrial markets. This entails one large project at a time or several small to medium size projects at once. Project delivery methods may include Self-Perform, General Contracting, or Construction Management. Project sizes ranging from $1,000,000 to $50,000,000 USD and may include some travel. Location varies from office to part-time office/jobsite to full-time jobsite.
- Commitment to CCC’s people-based safety culture, and requirements as detailed in the CCC corporate safety manual and leadership training.
- Compliance with all CCC standard operating procedures (ISO), as required for estimating, purchasing, and project control.
- Work in conjunction with client’s project management team, CCC project executive, project engineers, site safety manager, trade sub-contractors, local authorities having jurisdiction and designers/engineers to ensure successful projects.
- Responsible for project finances including profit/loss, cost-overruns, negotiating change orders with clients for scope changes and financial reporting.
- Document control using project management programs (pre-construction documents, submittals, RFIs / DCRs, punchlist(s) & closeout).
- Participate with estimating team to perform project buyout.
- Assist with estimating (budgets, bulletins, and change request/field order quotations).
- Manage self-perform and subcontractors scope coordination with field supervision.
- Maintain positive and open relationship with customers.
- Establish construction budget and job setup.
- Oversee project planning, scheduling, logistics, engineering and CCC safety plans and procedures as required by project.
- Responsible for project schedule baseline or direct involvement using software tools such as Microsoft Project / Primavera.
- Draft letters of intent, POs, and master sub agreements as needed.
- Manage project submittal process, or work with assigned project engineer to draft submittal log for PM review, process submittals from vendors & subcontractors and maintain submittal log, verify shop drawings, manage submittal status to project schedule.
- Assist in assembling drawings & specs for field distribution.
- Assist with new hire processes for field staff.
- During project construction: maintain record drawing set, manage ongoing submittal process, manage and motive RFI log, labor budgeting and forecasting (GC and/or self-perform projects), input with change order requests / extra work pricing, purchasing and expediting materials & equipment, project scheduling updates & monitoring.
- During project closeout, review closeout binder and provide to owner and CCC for record purposes, oversee and work with team to procure closeout documentation from vendors & subs, manage project punch list, manage ISO close out procedures.
- Travel may be required.
- College Degree - Bachelor’s in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- 10-20 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience specifically on equipment installation projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, technology, equipment, methods, accounting principles, and engineering principles/techniques.
- Knowledge of Sage 300, ProCore, Prolog and/or Contract Manager is preferred.
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational and supervisory skills are required.
- Design/Build, General Contractor, Construction Management project delivery experience.
Commercial Contracting Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, color, race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Commercial Contracting Corporation
AddressAuburn Hills, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at Commercial Contracting Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?