Commercial Cleaner - Job Description
Commercial Cleaning Services has been serving commercial businesses in the Tri-State area for over 20 years. Our custom cleaning solutions, quality assurance program, professional staff and responsive service levels have set us apart in the market and contributed to our growth. Commercial cleaners play a key role in our growth and customer retention by consistently providing quality cleaning services to our valued customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize the client’s customized commercial cleaning checklist to perform all tasks to the standards established by Commercial Cleaning Services. Common tasks include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc. in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes
- Replenish supplies in restrooms, break rooms and kitchen
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners
- Empty waste receptacles and recyclables into disposal areas, including sharps
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards, etc.
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to client in the comments section on the customer checklist.
- Arrive to work (client location) at scheduled time, perform services to established standards and insure the client’s facility is locked and secured when you finish and leave.
- Handle special requests for customers as appropriate and note handling on the customer checklist and company paperwork
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests.
- Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
- Self-starter - able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
- Reasoning ability. Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- High School Diploma required;
- Experience in a service environment is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and relay information between the team, customers and office staff.
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling to clean floors by hand, push and pull objects, lift and move objects (including 20 lb vacuum), repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements.
- Travel to / from customers business is required.
- Uniforms, provided by the Commercial Cleaning Services, must be worn during work hours
How We Will Measure Success
- Customer satisfaction levels based on surveys
- Customer retention
- Quality assurance scores based on manager surveys and feedback