Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Under direction of the Executive VP of Operations the director will assist with the management of the day-to-day operations of the Company:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or any related field. (Prior experience in a Hospitality Role will not be considered)
- Must have 5 years of experience within the janitorial services industry.
- Must have experience managing a diverse workforce and multiple janitorial supervisors/crews.
- Must have experience in developing RFP’s for cleaning services and having prior presentation skills is a PLUS.
- Must have experience in managing periodic work as required by contract(s) and must be able to differentiate between in and out of scope work.
- Must have experience with Microsoft suite of products in order to do reporting and calculations for services.
- Must be able to commute to Nassau County, Long Island as this is not a remote job and person will be expected to be in the office daily. Preference given to those that already live on Long Island.
- Must have a clean and valid driver’s license.
- Must have proof of COVID vaccination to be considered for employment.
- Bilingual (Spanish) - Requested but not Required
Responsibilities to include (But Not Limited To) –
Will have direct responsibility for all contractual specification conformance, inspections, quality control, and the scheduling and supervision of emergency, non-contractual and periodic work for all clients.
Under the direction of the Executive VP of Operations will have a role in the coordination of all service operations with service workers or crews assigned for special projects on contractual and non-contractual work.
Will be directly responsible for the supervision of area managers, supervisors and project managers, periodic performance reviews, monitoring area managers daily inspections, assist area mangers if needed to ensure proper service, carrying out disciplinary action if needed, including proper written documentation of all performance deficiencies.
Will be directly responsible for payroll and scheduling for assigned team of “route” employees and will need to assist the payroll department with resolving any and all issues for regular hourly employees as well.
Recruit, hire, and train hourly employees as needed or as directed by the Executive VP of Operations.
Will work with embedded sales force on all new work and must have experience with cleaning contract requirements, job assignments as related to a cleaning company and the requirements of each assignment once they have been completed and awarded.
Will work with the Executive VP of Operations on managing all emergencies and problems and following through on same, including any reporting requirements as required by law.
Will be required to engage with the customers, meet with the customer’s contact people as necessary and or as required to resolve any issues with same. Will be responsible for driving the operations team to achieve a level fo high class service and drive them to perform duties as required by contract. In the event of any issues, this new hire will be the lead contact for any and all customer complaints and will be required to update the Executive VP of Operations on resolution.
Will be required to monitor all customer portals and respond as required, create work orders for non-contractual work, quote prices to customers as requested.
The Employee will be required to be “on-call” for weekend and after-hours emergencies.
Commercial Building Maintenance
200 Oak DrSyosset, NY
Get fresh Director Vice President jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.