Loan Packaging Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
The Loan Packaging Specialist I, under moderate supervision, is responsible to obtain, collect and/or create all information and documents necessary to prepare loan documents on an approved loan. The Loan Packaging Specialist I serves as liaison between the Lender, Documenter, Loan Closer, client and third-party vendors, as necessary. It is their responsibility to obtain all required information on the approved loan for submission to Documentation and Loan Closing on a timely basis to ensure that the loan is funded and closed as scheduled.PRIMARY FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Review signed Letter of Interest and/or Credit Authorization for entities involved with the loan, loan structure and collateral securing the loan to create a complete documentation request.
- Obtain and review all borrower/guarantor/collateral grantor entity documents for completeness.
- Obtain and review all required entity document confirmations from Secretary of State.
- Obtain copies of CIP forms for all required entities.
- Prepare/obtain Certificate of Beneficial Ownership forms for all required entities.
- Ensure all due diligence documents have been obtained, such as OFAC, UCC Search and Suits/Liens/Judgements search.
- Obtain and review the Purchase Settlement Agreement and/or Escrow Instructions on purchase money real estate secured loans.
- Request third-party payoff statements.
- Confirm real estate title vesting with escrow, as applicable. Review preliminary title report and work with loan officer to clear any exception not needed on final Title Policy.
- Obtain and review collateral insurance information for completeness and adherence to Bank standards. Contact insurance agent as necessary.
- Determine the loan closing date in conjunction with the lender and/or escrow.
- Create a Loan Documentation Package, to include the Documentation Request Sheet, stamped credit approval, all entity documents, all supporting collateral documents, all regulatory required documents and all other required information as shown on the Documentation Request Sheet.
- Verify that all third-party invoices have been obtained and that fees and charges communicated on the Documentation Request Worksheet are correct.
- Send notice to Note Dept.-Documentation that a documentation request is ready for documentation preparation.
- Assist in reviewing completed loan documents.
- Coordinate opening of deposit accounts with Ops, if applicable.
- Create a digital file in the S:drive with designated folders to house a scanned copy of all executed documents.
- Respond to questions and obtain any additional required documents from the assigned Documentation Specialist.
- Accountable to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements including the following (but not limited to) Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Community Reinvestment Act, OFAC Regulations and Fair Lending and all applicable bank and government regulations.
- Attend training and maintain a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job responsibilities, with an emphasis on the BSA/AML/CIP, Consumer Privacy, Regulation CC, Information Security, Bank Protection Act, FACT-Identity Theft, Information Technology and GLBA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma; and minimum 1-3 years related experience in loan packaging and documentation preparation, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be well versed in all lending laws and regulations.
Desirable: Experience in commercial lending with emphasis on commercial/business and real estate lending.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and software
- Basic knowledge of loan accounting systems functions and procedures
- Bank marketing, operations and other daily banking functions to maintain understanding of customer management and product delivery in general
- Banking laws, policies and procedures, service, and credit products
- General accounting and mathematics
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task and highly organized
- Able to read and comprehend legal documents, procedure manuals and governmental regulations and apply same to job responsibilities as needed
- Enter data in personal computer, use a calculator; operate telecommunications equipment and other office equipment
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and database software applications, as well specialized financial systems software
- Plan, organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Analyze and solve work problems
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, consultants, regulators, and other parties
- Prepare clear and concise reports and other documentation and correspondence
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
Commercial Bank of California
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Commercial Bank of California