Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Social Worker =============
##### Department of the Navy
Commander, Navy Installations
##### Naval District Washington
- ##### Open & closing dates
08/29/2019 to 09/07/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$83,398 to $88,959 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Meade, MD 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
This position is that of a fully credentialed clinical counselor (Social Worker), located within the Counseling and Advocacy Program (CAP) at Naval District Washington (NDW) Fleet & Family Support Center (FFSC).
Learn more about this agency
This position is that of a fully credentialed Tier II or Tier III clinical counselor (Social Worker), located within the Counseling and Advocacy Program (CAP) at Naval District Washington (NDW) Fleet & Family Support Center (FFSC). Clinical counseling includes the psychosocial assessment of individuals, development of treatment delivery, and appropriate referral. Incumbent serves with the purpose of providing direct service in the form of short term, solution focused clinical counseling of individuals, couples, families, and groups on matters pertaining to family dynamics, parent-child interaction, couples communication, stress reductions, adjustment to military lifestyles, Family Advocacy Program (FAP) case management, treatment services and psycho-educational training programs. Receives, assesses, develops, and assists in treatments and referrals. Identifies crisis situations and provides crisis intervention and safety planning. Provides on going case management services, to include serving as designated case manager and primary FAP point of contact for spouse and child abuse cases. Maintains case records, treatment plans, and statistics in accordance with policies and regulations. Participates in community liaison meetings. Performs other duties as assigned.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - Travel to attend training, provide outreach on behalf of the FFSC or attend community events/functions.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0185 Social Work
#### Similar jobs
- Child Abuse Workers - Child Social Workers - Family Social Workers - Social Workers - Social Workers, Child - Social Workers, Family
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment
- Understanding of, and ability to apply diagnostic, intervention, and treatment strategies, and is able to explain the strategy selected. - Ability to recognize, identify, and assess mental disorders per the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual. - Knowledge of dynamics and diagnostic skills necessary for family violence identification, risk assessment, and safety planning. - Knowledge of family violence evidence-based treatment principles for victims and offenders. - Ability to effectively interview, and clinically respond to the needs of clients, including assessing suicidal and homicidal risk levels and substance abuse. - Knowledge in the areas of family systems. - Ability to recognize and define personal and social problems, to independently reach - accurate conclusions, and to provide appropriate solutions. - Knowledge of group dynamics, and ability to facilitate treatment groups. - Knowledge of the military lifestyle that furnished the employee with an understanding of the specific demands of military lifestyles. - Ability to modify programs to meet the ever changing needs of the active duty military community. - Ability to adjust to meet the ever changing needs of the active duty military community. - Ability to communicate orally and in writing. - Ability to present sensitive, possibly controversial, information to groups of people in a clear, concise manner. - Ability to interview alleged offenders and victims; maintain cooperative and professional relationships; make presentations; and to exercise strong facilitation skills for individual and group counseling. - Ability to develop and prepare case management memos, correspondence, and reports; document assessments, treatment plans, and IDC reports; and develop lesson plans for briefing and classroom presentations. - Knowledge and ability to use a personal computer and variety of software programs to develop presentations and facilitate work assignments.
Education, Licensure, and Experience
- A master's or doctoral-level Social Work degree from a school accredited by Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). - A current, valid unrestricted state licensure or state certification that provides legal authority to provide clinical services as an independent practitioner. - When state licensing or certification requirements include a written examination, candidates must have achieved a passing score on that examination. - 2 years (at least 2,000 hours) full-time, post-masters supervised clinical experience. - 1 year of specialized experience in domestic abuse and child abuse counseling or treatment
Within 5 days of the acceptance of the intial job offer, the applicant is required to submit a completed Credentialing Packet.
### Additional information
**MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE:**
Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. To request spousal preference, please state so on resume and submit a copy of current PCS orders. Failure to submit current PCS orders with application will prevent spousal preference from being granted.
Applicants wishing to use veteran's preference must state on their resume and submit a copy of their DD-214. These documents may be uploaded to www.usajobs.gov with resume and OF 306 (Declaration for Federal Employment).
**SELECTIVE SERVICE REQUIREMENT:**
If you are a male born after December 31, 1959 and at least 18 years of age, employment law (5 U.S.C. 3328) requires that you must register with the Selective Service System (military draft), unless you meet certain exemptions. If applicable, failure to register will prevent you from being considered for employment. To register, please visit the Selective Service web site at https://www.sss.gov/default.htm.
All selections are contingent upon obtaining satisfactory employment reference checks. We are an E-Verify participant. As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. Occupants of this position must maintain the privacy of official work information and data and demonstrate the highest level of ethical conduct.
**The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.**
**The Department of the Navy provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should contact our Human Resource Office to ensure that the Department of the Navy can consider such requests. The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case by case basis.**
When relocation expenses are authorized to perform a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the federal government, the IRS considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Additional information: https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/taxableentitlements.html
Public Trust is a type of background investigation, but **it is not a security clearance**. Depending on the job, you must complete either the Standard Form 85 (SF85) or 85P (SF85P) questionnaire.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All resumes will be reviewed to determine if they meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement, and will be rated based on the information provided in the resume to determine the level of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) related to the job requirements. Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating criterion of KSAs will be used for each resume. Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: **Preview Applicant Questionnaire**.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
- If you are a veteran claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach your DD-214 "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," showing all dates of service, receipt of medals and campaign badges, as well as character of service (Honorable, General, etc.). The member 4 copy of your DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," is preferable. - For a disabled veteran, you must submit a Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) letter on DVA letterhead that states your overall combined service-connected disability rating. - A resume should be provided. It should include relevant work experience (start/end dates stated in month/year, description of duties and salary), applicable education at a minimum, and your contact information. For current or previous Federal employees, it should also include the Pay Plan, Series and Grade for each work experience entry. - Please provide a copy of your College transcript(s) which support those qualifications for which you wish to have considered.
**APPLICATION FORMS - A complete packet of the following forms must be submitted for each position applying for:**
- **Resume that includes 3 professional references** - **Proof of high school level education or equivalent (if applicable)** - **If claiming veteran's preference, you must submit a clear, legible copy of your DD 214.**
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
NDW values our employees and considers them to be the greatest asset of our organization. As an employer of choice, we are committed to attracting and retaining the "best of the best" by providing comprehensive benefits that are a valuable part of the total compensation package. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more. You can review our benefits at: http://www.navymwr.org/resources/hr
**Regular Full Time positions:** guaranteed 35 - 40 hours/week; benefits offered: medical, dental, life insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, 401(k), NAF Retirement
All non-appropriated fund (NAF) employees are federal government Department of Defense employees, and as such, have access to CNIC sponsored employee assistance program, access to MWR facilities and discounts, and mass transit benefit program.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply ------------
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online** button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
By Email to: NAF.JBAB@NAVY.MIL Note: If submitting by application/resume by email you must put the announcement number in the subject line.
#### Technical Support
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com - If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: email@example.com. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET. - Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
### Agency contact information
### NAF-Human Resources
Naval District Washington 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bldg.153 Room 146 Bethesda, MD 20889 United States
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
All applicants will be notified regarding their status by email. Applicants will either be contacted for an interview or sent an email of non-selection 3-6 weeks after the announcement closing date. Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an inaccurate email address or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544294100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Commander, Navy Installations
Fort Meade,MD USA
Get fresh Public Health Social Worker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Most Popular Jobs Similar to Public Health Social Worker