Shift Differential 7.5% for majority of hours worked after 3pm, Sunday Premium 25%, OT hous over 8 perday/40 per week
- ##### Appointment type
Intermittent - 0 - 40 Hours per week
- ##### Work schedule
Intermittent - w/o any benefits
Newport, RI Many vacancies
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
Learn more about this agency
- Performs varying degrees of complexity in cleaning processes.Demonstrates proficiency related to daily service, check-out, deep cleaning, and special project cleaning assignments based on Lodging program cleaning standards.
- Vacuums, sweeps, and mops floors; dusts, polishes, cleans, and moves furniture.
- Removes trash, places in dumpsters, and replaces liners.
- Places proper number of amenities in room to include consumables/non-consumables, linen, kitchen, and bathroom.
- Removes and replaces bed linen, inspects mattresses and pull-out sofas, and moves/re-positions beds upon guest checkout, weekly, or at a guest's request. .
- Cleans walls, doors, ceilings, stand-up/ceiling fans, light fixtures, exterior of air vents, windows, sills, tracks, blinds and curtains.
- Cleans coffee makers, ice buckets, beverage kits, refrigerators, stove tops, cookware, utensils, cutlery, cups/glasses, plates, sinks, counters, ovens, ranges, cupboards, drawers, and microwaves to include proper programming of its respective clock/time.
- Ensures dishwashers are clean and in working condition.
- Cleans vanities, mirrors, hardware, cabinets/shelving, toilets, bath tubs/shower stalls, tile, and bathroom exhaust fans. Replaces bathroom terry and linens to include shower curtains.
- Cleans irons, removes excess water and replaces as necessary, cleans ironing boards and replaces covers as necessary, cleans and ensures proper functionality of luggage racks and ensures proper numbers of clean male/female hangers are available in closets.
- Cleans washers and dryers and ensures machines are operational.
- Ensures in-room guest directories are clean and organized, TV's are clean and programmed to proper channel and volume, alarm clocks are properly programmed with back-up battery and in-room phones are clean, properly programmed, and in working condition.
- Cleans common area spaces to include vending rooms and ice machines, laundry rooms, elevators, break rooms, walkways, corridors, stairwells, office spaces, lounges, storerooms and storage spaces.
- Performs deep cleaning as required by program standards (e.g. on a scheduled basis and upon check-out of guests in "pet friendly" rooms and in rooms that had an ADA service animal), which includes, but is not limited to: defrosting the refrigerator, cleaning windows (inside and out), replacing and/or cleaning drapes, moving furniture and cleaning normally hidden areas, carpet cleaning (shampoo and/or spot treatment), cleaning walls/woodwork, and other such tasks.
- Counts, sorts, inspects, and prepares linen for operational use.
- Applies Blood Borne Pathogen criteria to determine potential safety concerns related to contaminated linens and applies appropriate NGIS protocols during daily service activity.
- Completes maintenance requests for items broken, defective, or in need of replacing.
- Performs basic, routine maintenance on vacuum cleaners by cleaning all areas and replacing filters as necessary.
- Maintains the cleanliness, inventory, and organization of housekeeping carts and linen carts.
- Reports any damages or valuables (e.g. large amounts of cash, jewelry, or confidential/sensitive information) left out in the open by guests to the Supervisor.
- Reports any activity that appears unsafe, illegal, or suspicious to the Supervisor.
- Interacts professionally with guests and other team members, displays a positive attitude, utilizes effective communication skills, and assists guests to include answering questions concerning hotel facilities and provides information about on base and local attractions.
- Communicates with the front desk when identifying lost and found items by annotating all relevant information to facilitate retrieval of the item for that specific guest.
- Maintains key control for assigned key and reports any issues immediately to the Supervisor.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
3566 Custodial Working
#### Similar jobs
- Housekeeping Staffs - Staffs, Housekeeping
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- You must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent Unit - Position is ineligible for inclusion in a Bargaining Unit - Must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National - Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment
Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and proper use of cleaning equipment and approved cleaning chemicals, including familiarity with applicable Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Knowledge of NGIS program standards.
- Knowledge of how to operate all in-room appliances (e.g., coffee maker, television, clock radio, telephone, etc.).
- Ability to utilize Property Management System (PMS) software to update room status using the in-room telephone system.
- Ability to accurately complete daily room status reports and housekeeping assignment sheets.
Ability to interpret, execute, and document cleaning actions in accordance with NGIS Housekeeping Manual and program policy guidance.
- Ability to apply knowledge of general cleaning procedures to complete housekeeping tasks.
- Ability to safely and properly use common hand and powered tools.
- Ability to apply sound judgment to schedule and prioritize work assignments in order to honor requests for No Service/Do-Not-Disturb while adhering toprogram standards for in person service follow-up and cleaning frequencies.
- Ability to navigate web-based Learning Managed System (LMS) and use associated software to complete online and e-learning training.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing with management, staff and guests.
This position is required to do considerable standing, bending, kneeling, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching and climbing. Must have ability to perform moderately strenuous physical labor as unassisted lifting, moving and carrying of supplies and equipment weighing up to 45 pounds is required. Assisted lifting, moving and carrying in excess of 45 pounds may be required. May be required to climb/descend stairs and properly placed stepladders.
Work is primarily performed indoors in areas that normally have adequate heat, light, and ventilation. Some facilities will require exposure to outdoors, as access to some rooms is from the outside, resulting in exposure to nature and weather conditions. The incumbent may be exposed to dirt, disagreeable odors, and skin/eye irritants from strong cleaning solutions used in household cleaners. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and required to be utilized for safety reasons.
This position may be designated ALPHA personnel for inclement weather or in the interest of national security and may be required to report for work when other employees are excused.
This position is subject to the possibility of workdays on weekends and holidays, as well as, rotating shifts, often consisting of other than normal duty hours.
May be recalled to duty and/or required to work overtime, including on an emergency basis.
Subject to satisfactory completion of a physical examination.
May be required to possess a valid state driver license, as travel to other facilities may be required within the normal scope of duties. Applicants will be notified when this is a requirement for appointment.
This position is subject to a favorable National Agency Check (NAC).
This position is required to attend and complete mandatory training programs to obtain housekeeping certification and re-certification. Training is provided in varying environments such as classroom-trainer led, online self-guided courses, virtual-led courses and hands on training.
The incumbent is required to obtain a housekeeping certification within 120 days of employment.
The incumbent is required to complete any other required annual trainings designated by the Department of Navy.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and/or appointment eligibility.
### Additional information
We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee's eligibility to work in the United States.
Salary is dependent on experience and/or education.
For positions requiring travel more than twice per year, selectee may be required to obtain and maintain in good standing a Government-issued Travel Card for official government travel purposes.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants are assured of equal consideration regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodations should email their request to email@example.com to ensure proper consideration is given. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
This activity is a Drug-Free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace, and Sailors, their family members, and all other customers have a right to a reliable and productive Federal workforce.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All resumes will be reviewed to determine if they meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement, and will be rated based on the information provided in the resume to determine the level of knowledge, skill, and ability, related to the job requirements. Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating criterion of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each resume. Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: **Preview Applicant Questionnaire**.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
Resume must show complete mailing address' for all places of employment and education.
Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree/high school diploma), if applicable to position requirements.
If claiming Veteran's Preference, a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, proof of service, SF-15, etc). is required.
If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders is required for NF-03 and below or equivalent.
If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
**THIS IS A FLEXIBLE POSITION AND IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANY BENEFITS**
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. Benefits you get to enjoy while working for our TEAM include but are not limited to:
Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
Stability of Federal Civilian Service
People with passion for doing work that matters
Quality of Work Life Balance
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To begin the process, click on the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
Please see the "REQUIRED DOCUMENTS" section and review the applicant checklist link to determine if there are other documents you are required to submit. You must submit all required documents or you will not be considered for the position.
#### Technical Support
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com - If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: firstname.lastname@example.org. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET. - Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
### Agency contact information
### Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic
Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic 1297 Bushnell Street Newport, RI 02841 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
All applicants will be notified regarding their status by email. Applicants will either be contacted for an interview or sent an email of non-selection 3-6 weeks after the announcement closing date. Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an inaccurate email address or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541389700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.