This job is open continuously and will remain open for an extended period of time. We will fill jobs as they become available. **The next consideration date is 2/12/2019.** Learn more
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$77,000 to $98,000 per year
Sign-On Bonus Available
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Bremerton, WA Few vacancies
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes - When you perform a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the federal government, the IRS considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. For additional information, visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/taxableentitlements.html
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
The Deployed Resiliency Counselor (DRC) will serve as a credentialed clinical counselor, assigned to support a Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier (CVN) or Large Deck Amphibious Ship/Landing Helicopter Assault Ship (LHD/LHA) Command, deploying with the ship that they are assigned to, and continuing to hold office hours on the ship when at homeport.
Learn more about this agency
This position is responsible to provide short term individual therapy and psycho-educational trainings on sailor resiliency topics such as suicide prevention, substance abuse, and the prevention of sexual assault. Serves as a liaison to the homeport Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC), providing immediate response and coordination for allegation of sexual assault and as a liaison to the homeport Family Advocacy Program (FAP). The DRC is responsible to report to the ship's Commanding Officer (CO) and will brief the CO on Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR) and FAP cases as needed, overall training plans and any other high risk concerns that may arise. The Counseling, Advocacy and Prevention (CAP) Supervisor, located at the homeport Fleet and Family Support Center will be responsible to provide clinical supervision and oversee peer review of the DRC while they are deployed and at the homeport. The incumbent will be on call 24 hours a day while deployed for critical crisis intervention situations and work schedule may vary depending on requirements. Perform other duties as assigned.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - May need to travel within the Base grounds
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0101 Social Science
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- You must go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 - Must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National - A valid State driver's license is required to operate motor vehicles - Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance - Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment - May be required to complete physical examination and be determined physically fit for shipboard environment - Must apply and maintain a US No-Fee Passport upon employment - Must complete one-year probationary period (unless already completed) - Completion of DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification within 6-months of hire - Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation and contain no convictions of sexual assault and domestic violence
(**You must meet the following requirements by closing date of the announcement)**
- Minimum of a master's degree from an accredited program in one of the following clinical fields: Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or a doctorate in Psychology. - Current, valid, unrestricted state licensure or certification that provides legal authority to provide clinical services as an independent practitioner. - Minimum of two years (at least 2000) full-time, post masters supervised clinical experience.
Minimum of two years, full time post-license clinical experience
**The following documents are required and must be submitted with application**:
- Transcripts (Must contain university logo, can be a copy) - State Licensure or Certification
### Additional information
Some positions have special requirements. Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee's eligibility to work in the United States. Salary is dependent on experience and/or education.
DON is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All resumes will be reviewed to determine if they meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement, and will be rated based on the information provided in the resume to determine the level of KSAs related to the job requirements. Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating criterion of KSAs will be used for each resume. Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: **Preview Applicant Questionnaire**.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
- Fleet & Family Readiness Job Application located on navylifepnw.com website: http://www.navylifepnw.com/jobs
- Proof of education and/or certification transcripts/copy of degree/certification) if qualifying based on education or certification.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Comprehensive benefits package available (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To begin the process, click on the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
#### Technical Support
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com - If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: email@example.com. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET. - Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
### Agency contact information
### Fleet & Family Readiness
Navy Region Northwest 1103 Hunley Road, Bldg 35 Silverdale, WA 98315 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
All applicants will be notified regarding their status by email. Applicants will either be contacted for an interview or sent an email of non-selection 3-6 weeks after the announcement closing date.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521696400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.