Command Post Technologies, Inc. ("CPT") is seeking a Systems Administrator to support a contract in Norfolk, VA. The work is available now and the selected candidate will be familiar with the administration of Windows Domains and will help optimize our customer's existing architecture. Additionally, the candidate will support the consolidation of applications into a unified but distributed architecture and schedule, plan and oversee updates, patches, and new configurations as needed to enhance the reliability, compliance, and security of these systems. The candidate will occasionally test new application releases and deploy them. Additionally, the candidate will assist with the development of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems.
- Provide system support, of Server and Workstations
- Conduct Tier-2 analysis of customer and system issues, generate trouble tickets, and work to ensure timely resolution
- Support and assist Tier III with System upgrades, Design and Implementation of new hardware and software
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support day to day Information Systems Operations (Daily checks of services, logs, monitor health of systems, document problem resolution, create reports, update and create SOP’s)
- Provide Tier II support/work with Tier III for incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems
- Assist with the set-up, configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Workstations and Servers
- Assist with system security through the implementation of STIGs and actively maintain IAVA compliance
- Provide support services such as data protection (backup and systems security), Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Active Directory (to include Group Policy management), WSUS, DHCP, DNS, Microsoft Exchange services, client imaging, file and print services, and other server/network application services
- 3+ years of experience in a broad range of assignments in technical tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility
- IAT Level II Security Certification (Security + CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security or better)
- One of the following certifications at date or hire OR within 180-days of being hired: Server+, MCSA (Win 8/10), MCITP-SA, or MCSA (Server 2008R2/ Server 2012R2)
- Active TS/SCI clearance (we cannot begin or upgrade a clearance for you)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Active Directory Administration
- Workstation/Server Administration in a mixed environment
- Basic Linux knowledge (Red Hat or CentOS)
- Security Administration (ACAS/Tenable, WSUS, STIG’s, Third Party Patching)
- SQL Database and or Postgres experience
- Virtual Server Environment knowledge (VMware 6.X)
CPT, a private corporation established in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Per EO 11246, this federal contractor and subcontractor will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. An exception exists where the employee or applicant makes the disclosure based on information obtained in the course of performing his or her essential job functions.