Command Post Technologies, Inc. ("CPT") is looking for Tier-II Network Engineers in Norfolk, VA. This posting reflects an ongoing need as we are always looking for qualified talent to be part of our pipeline for future Network Engineer-Tier II openings. The selected candidate will maintain and monitor the operations of all Joint Information Operations Range (JIOR) network systems and servers from the primary Network Operations & Security Center (NOSC). They will analytically and systematically evaluate problems of workflows and network usage and develop appropriate corrective action. The selected candidate will maintain network information requirements in the development of enterprise-wide and large-scale networking infrastructure (WAN) as well as develop or maintain various standard operating procedures (SOPs). Shift work for the Tier-2 Watch may occasionally be required in support of the 24/7/365 NOSC mission.
- Provides customer support, service, and technical support through analysis and problem solving
- Conduct Tier-2 analysis of customer issues, generate trouble tickets, and work to ensure timely resolution
- Document network events and proactively seek solutions to outages, etc.
- Build and maintain NOSC situational awareness through change-over briefings and pass-down logs
- 3+ years of experience in a broad range of technical task assignments
- IAT Level II Security Certification (Security + CE or GSEC or SSCP or CCNA-Security)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Cisco experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Help Desk ticketing experience
- SolarWinds experience
- Juniper experience
Command Post Technologies, a private corporation established in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Per EO 11246, this federal contractor and subcontractor will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. An exception exists where the employee or applicant makes the disclosure based on information obtained in the course of performing his or her essential job functions.