HR Recruiter & Onboarding Specialist
- Expired: September 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
HR Recruiter & Onboarding Specialist
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures
- Attend department and staff meetings and other agency functions as required.
- Report to the supervisor on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the recruitment of open positions within CommQuest, with the assistance of other HR department and program supervisors.
- Assists in coordination of the placement of job postings and personnel advertisements.
- Provides initial reviews of job applications and possible new hires.
- Conducts phone screen prior to interview to ensure applicant is a potential fit for applied position.
- Conduct interviews with candidates for potential job placement, determining candidate qualifications by analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing job qualifications to job requirements.
- Makes offers of employment, as requested and needed.
- Consistently checks appropriate references for all potential candidates.
- Work with the HR department to ensure all new hire offer acceptance documentation has been completed, collected, and entered in to the new hire's employee profile.
- Assists Benefits Specialist in working with employees to understand CommQuest's employee benefits.
- Administers oral drug screen during onboarding process, sending new hires to third party drug screen site, as necessary.
- Participates in local job fairs to assist in recruiting efforts for CommQuest.
- Onboarding Specialist
- Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation, completing all personnel forms and documents for new employees, as needed.
- Conduct new hire orientation for new hires to ensure accurate communication of CommQuest's benefit policies and completion of benefits, tax, policy, and I9 paperwork, as needed.
- Serve as the point of contact for post-hire correspondence to effectively communicate CommQuest's policies, procedures, programs, etc. and to ensure a smooth onboarding workflow, as needed.
- Maintains complete and current files on all employees as required by government regulations and certification/credentialing authorities.
- Serve as a knowledge resource for any questions a new hire may have in advance of their first day and first several months of employment. Ensure that the new hire is fully prepared for their first day of employment.
- Works in conjunction with supervisors and hiring managers to coordinate new employee's start dates, necessary trainings, etc.
- Prepare and maintain onboarding documents.
- Responsible for launching electronic new hire onboarding packet in HRIS database and ensuring completion prior to new hire orientation. Assisting new hire throughout process.
- Responsible for completion of new hire profile in HRIS database and personnel file.
- Ensure all new hire compliance is accurate and completed for each new employee including background check, drug screen, I-9 authorization, labor allocations, state and federal tax forms, time & labor setup, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee internal transfers/movements including HRIS database updates, IT/EHR ticketing, updated job descriptions, etc.
- On-going management of HRIS database.
- Process all employee status changes.
- Stays up-to-date with changing employment law as it relates to CommQuest employees.
- Periodic review and appropriate feedback on revisions to personnel forms and policies/procedures.
- Represents CommQuest to the community by maintaining harmonious relationships with community, referral and state agencies and funding authorities.
- Practices within legal and ethical guidelines established by CommQuest, the State of Ohio, and any and all applicable licensing or accreditation authorities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required. SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or PHR desired. Two years of related administrative and / or HR experience, three years of experience in general office administration. Intermediate knowledge of software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database management. Proficient in keyboarding and proficient in spelling, grammar, written communication, and oral communication. Must possess good interpersonal skills and ability to show discretion when dealing with confidential information. Must possess good judgement, be highly organized, be detail oriented, and able to work under the pressure of deadline compliance.
- 80 hours annually of PTO (paid time off)
- 80 hours annually of sick time
- 16 hours annually of Mental Health/Personal leave
- Ten paid holidays on an annual basis
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance, etc. - eligible first of the month following start date
- CommQuest 403b with employer match
- Workshop/CEU and licensure reimbursement annually
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Get fresh Onboarding Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.