TV Features Lead
- Expired: February 26, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Note: This is a freelance, remote position. We will only be considering full-time applicants.
CBR is looking for a dedicated Lead Editor to oversee the TV Features related coverage on our team. Are you a pop-culture enthusiast dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest TV shows?
If so, then we need you!
CBR offers a unique opportunity for team members to grow and connect with other freelancers from all over the world. As a TV Lead Features Editor for CBR, you will work with a dedicated remote editorial team to create original and informative articles that our discriminating audience demands, with the eye-catching aesthetic they crave.
- Edit and publish a minimum of 25 TV Features articles weekly on the Features team
- Manage weekly publication scheduling for CBR’s TV Features section
- Oversee all Junior Editors and writers as well as help them develop their skills and adapt to CBR’s standards
- Communicate expectations effectively, along with deadlines and quotas
- Work with new writers to develop their skills and help them adapt to CBR's standards
- Work with existing writers by providing general guidance to develop those suitable for internal development (staff writing, self-publishing, editing)
- Spearhead planning of coverage for the respective teams, in conjunction with the Senior Features Editor
- Update the corresponding planning
- Craft headlines, blurbs, and peripheral text to capture new and existing traffic optimize SEO traffic for various avenues of dissemination
- Idea Generation
- Help generate a steady stream of feature ideas to ensure writers have articles to write
- Develop content plans
- Use Google Analytics to help identify topics that provide opportunities for expansion of coverage and category growth
- Weekly meetings
- Come prepared with notes and analyses
- Relevant experience in senior writing and editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Broad working knowledge of current TV shows, as well as past TV
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Image editing
- Google Analytics
- Analytics (GA)
- Freelance writer management
- Proven track record of growing a team, expanding coverage, and driving traffic
Only applicants who possess the necessary skills and experience will be contacted, and only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of popular game content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Powered by JazzHR
Comic Book Resources (CBR)
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Comic Book Resources (CBR)
Get fresh Freelance Feature Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!