We are looking for a qualified Equipment Operator who drives or controls construction equipment, including skid-steers, forklifts, backhoes, Mini-excavators, cargo trucks, and hydraulic truck cranes. They operate this equipment to assist in the construction of industrial/commercial mechanical and electrical projects.
- Responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on a variety of assigned machines.
- Responsible for inspecting parts to specifications, making adjustments or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality and safety specifications
- Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials