Registered Nurse (RN)
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you a people person with a strong desire to make others happy? If so, Comfort Keepers has the perfect career for you!
As an RN Supervisor you will ensure a proper plan of care is initiated and maintained for clients, provide clinical oversight to all caregivers and ensure caregivers have the proper training and skills to safely and adequately provide care.
RN Job Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Real Time Pay: Comfort Keepers now offers you the benefit of early paycheck access through Tapcheck, an easy-to-use mobile app and/or website! For a small, flat fee, you can transfer your earnings to your bank account instantly before payday.
- Health and Dental Benefits available
- Work close to your home
- Flexible and regular available hours
- Continued training opportunities
- Create a lasting bond and make a difference in a senior's life
- Become a part of a humble team with room to grow
- Provides direct supervision of caregivers through scheduled supervisory visits.
- Assists the External Care Coordinator in determining type and duration of services necessary to meet client needs through the initial needs assessment (on or before the start of care date) to create an individualized and complete plan of care with the client, care partners and families to ensure the highest level of independence and quality of life achievable safely at home including, recommendations for additional in-home supports or clinical evaluations needed.
- When needed, completes home safety assessments during the initial home visit and at reassessments to identify any safety concerns for the client or caregiver(s).
- Completes a reassessment of client needs and verifies plan of care continues to meet client needs:
- as requested, due to change in status
- within 72 hours after discharge from hospital or rehabilitation
- and, at a minimum, every 90 days (not 3 months) for personal care recipients or 6 months for companion care recipients.
- During reassessments, a Supervisory Form is to be completed for all primary caregivers. The RN Supervisor will vary their visits to cover all shifts that provide care and inquire as to overall satisfaction with care as well as identify additional training needed to best meet the client’s needs. Reassessments are to be completed with the caregiver present to provide supervision, skills check and necessary feedback.
- A missed supervisory visit/reassessment due to client unavailability or inclement weather is to be documented on the assessment with the reason and when the next supervisory visit will be completed. Missed supervisory visits should be scheduled within 3 days of the due date.
- Be available to caregivers and office staff via telephone during the scheduled hours of personal care delivery to clients to answer any clinical questions and offer clinical guidance as appropriate.
- Provide on-site caregiver instruction on an on-going and as needed basis to ensure quality of care and proper technique.
- Assis the office in marketing efforts by maintaining positive relationships with current and new referral sources, clients, potential clients and staff.
- Read, comply with and refer to the governing regulations and company policies. It is the responsibility of the RN Supervisor to stay abreast of changes in policies and regulations that govern non-medical, in-home care.
- Documents in ClearCare the full assessment/reassessment, all conversations with caregivers and clients, changes in client’s health status, as well as other pertinent as required for regulatory and compliance purposes.
- Participates in Orientation and On-boarding programming, continued education and completes skills/competency checks for caregivers.
- Follows all office communication and documentation protocols to ensure excellent service to the team, clients, staff and care partners.
- Keep the Internal Care Coordinator and Staffing Coordinator abreast of all contacts, concerns or changes in client and/or caregiver status.
- Dress professionally, neatly and cleanly in appropriate attire including a name tag during all work-related activities and, represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Participates in formal and impromptu trainings, meetings, weekly huddles, and in the development of systems to improve care coordination, client satisfaction, employee performance and retention and, office operations.
- Completes all upcoming reassessments due prior to vacations or time-off.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the office.
RN Supervisor Requirements:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse by the appropriate state licensing facility is required.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience required and preferred to have at least 1-year experience in home care or other home-based health services (hospice, home health).
- Documentation of positive work history as evidenced by at least two (2) work references and (1) personal reference.
- Driver’s License to operate a motor vehicle and positive driving record
Start your rewarding with Comfort Keepers today. Apply now!
This caregiver position is open at our Sterling, VA Office Located at, 45640 Willow Pond Plaza Suite 100, Sterling, VA 20164. Our office serves the Loudoun County area and this position may require travel to those areas. Life is short. Work somewhere awesome! Learn more here: https://www.comfortkeepers.com/offices/virginia/sterling/careers
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLoudoun County, VA
HealthcareView all jobs at Comfort Keepers