Since 1998 Comfort Keepers has been a leading provider of non-medical in-home care, companion services, and home safety technology for seniors and other loved ones needing assistance to remain in the privacy and comfort of their own home. Comfort Keepers cares for thousands of people by way of more than 800 franchised offices worldwide. Comfort Keepers® has been rated a World Class Franchise Opportunity for nine years in a row. Comfort Keepers is locally owned and operated. We have offices in Sumter, Florence, Columbia, and Charleston.
AIM OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager coordinates all human resources activities for the office. The Recruitment Coordinator / HR Assistantis responsible for full life-cycle recruitment of caregivers, retention activities, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and on boarding and orientation. Complies and maintains official personnel records and Comfort Keepers® caregiving policies and procedures.
- Manage the full life cycle recruiting process for caregivers to include developing recruiting strategies, candidate sourcing, screening, assessments, interviewing, background checks, selection, negotiation and close.
- Records employee information such as personnel data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews, evaluations, and termination date and reason.
- Orients, trains and on boards Comfort Keepers and maintains official employee personnel files in accordance with applicable laws and company policies.
CONTEXT AND MAIN CHALLENGES
- Ensuring a platinum experience for every caregiver despite the challenging nature of varying clients.
- Handling unique and complex situations with resources readily available.
- Supporting a growing, diverse, and dynamic office.
MOST FREQUENT INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS & NETWORKS
- Human Resources Manager
- Nurses and Caregivers
- Internal and External Care
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
- Clear Care (or other Scheduling software) customer service representatives
- Other contracted companies on an as needed basis (copier, computer, shipping, etc).
- Outside Vendors
- Identify and source potential candidates through job sites, text, email, calls, networking, referrals, job fairs, publications, professional associations, internet, etc.
- Maintains understanding and knowledge of staffing, recruitment and retention initiatives for the office and proactively seeks and implements new, creative recruitment tactics to attract qualified candidates.
- Partners with management to plan and anticipate workforce planning needs based on business development strategies.
- Implement recruiting strategies and search techniques to source, screen, evaluate and select candidates to recruit top talent within specified time frames.
- Initiates hiring process for Comfort Keepers including processing applications, background screening, assessments, interviewing, and reference checks; makes hiring and termination recommendations.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Compiles data from personnel, payroll, and computer records to prepare reports.
- Compiles and maintains records for use in employee benefits administration.
- Prepares and files report of accidents and injuries.
- Responsible for progressive discipline process and may conduct investigations
- Examines employees’ files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
- Audits and maintains personnel records per federal, state, local, and company policy.
- Conducts exit interviews and compiles data.
- Performs weekly audit on active caregivers to ensure all employees are currently active.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Efficient handling of caregivers and human resources issues.
- Successful recruitment and retention of employees.
- Timely feedback to General Managers on trends, challenges, performance improvement opportunities, and kudos.
- Effective management of customer service coordinator team, as demonstrated by employee engagement surveys.
Powered by JazzHR