Are you interested in taking care of a local senior and becoming an important part of his or her life? Look no further – a Companion Caregiver position with Comfort Keepers is the job for you!
Become a Companion Caregiver with Comfort Keepers and join a compassionate team of people like you who are dedicated to providing companionship, personal care, and other home care services for seniors and elderly adults in the Greater Chelsea, MI area.
As a Companion Caregiver on our team, you will provide one-on-one assistance to seniors in the comfort of their own homes to ensure they are living the most positive and purposeful lives possible. This role will allow you to connect with seniors on a personal level, forge friendships, and make a positive impact on their day-to-day health and wellbeing.
Companion Caregiver Benefits:
- Continuing Education Plan
- Paid In-services
- Comfort Keeper Paid Referral Program
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday Premium Pay
- Dementia Training Program
- Formal Ongoing Training Program
Apply today – seeking full and part-time caregivers!
Companion Caregiver Responsibilities:
- Provide non-medical care to seniors in their own homes
- Assist seniors with personal care such as bathing, grooming, and hygiene
- Encourage seniors to try new things and stay active (within reason)
- Ensure seniors are eating a balanced diet and taking their prescribed medications
- Collaborate with seniors and their families to determine a personalized care plan
- Establish and maintain open communication and loyal relationships with seniors, family members, and co-workers
- Strive to create a positive atmosphere built on trust and respect
Companion Caregiver Qualifications:
- PCA, HHA, and CNA license or at least one year of professional caregiving experience
- Valid Driver's License, Automobile Insurance, and reliable vehicle
- Be willing to drive in excess of 30 miles to service clients
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required
- Open availability strongly preferred
- Submit to Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record
- Submit to Pre-Employment Drug Screening
This position is located at our Dexter Office, located at 7910 Ann Arbor St., Ste. 2, Dexter, MI 48130.
HR direct line: (734) 418-9186
Comfort Keepers is strongly considering candidates with previous experience as a Caregiver, CNA, Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide/Assistant, or similar positions.
Our office serves the surrounding areas of Chelsea, including Ann Arbor, Dexter, Mason, Stockbridge, Manchester, Saline, Willis, Ypsilanti, Gregory, Charlotte, Dansville, Dimondale, Eaton Rapids, Fowlerville, Haslett, Holt, Okemos, Perry, Potterville, Webberville, Williamston, Lansing, Albion, Grass Lake, Leslie, Munith, Onondaga, Parma, Pleasant Lake, Rives Junction, Springport and more, and this position may require travel to those areas.