RN Case Manager - Huntsville Service Area.
General Description: Responsible for all home visit types and care coordination of the home health patient.
REPORTS TO: Patient Care Coordinator
Plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
- Graduate of a school of nursing program and currently licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- One (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
- Complies with acceptable professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good communication and management skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Must hold a current and valid CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or Company requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a plan of care, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty (60) days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every fourteen (14) days.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned