Responsible for network site planning, equipment deployment planning, deployment managing and basic design of network instances. Completes network deployment, manages contract teams in deployment, provisions and
supports, wireless, Ethernet transport regional network serving residential and commercial customers. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- The Systems Integration Team (SIT) Deployment Engineer for the Keystone (Western and Central PA) region works directly for the Keystone SIT manager.
- Supports all platform deployments within assigned area of region.
- Inside Plant (ISP) Vendor management for all deployments within assigned area of region.
- Point of contact for standards and compliance of deployments within assigned area of region.
- Partners with Critical Infrastructure (CI) and Headend (HE) on coordination plans and Plan of Record (POR) timing on site readiness.
- Develops practices and procedures for network installation, maintenance and operation.
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for network elements.
- Schedules equipment activations, customer-affecting network maintenance - develops documents of customer networks for network users.
- Meets with potential customers, designs solutions, works with vendors on pricing and implements solutions that are adaptable to customer need changes.
- Designs network site planning for multiple regional network sites.
- Represents Regional Company interests with providers to ensure timely delivery of circuits.
- Develops and maintains network element documentation and inventory.
- Maintains appropriate inventory or network spare equipment for rapid restoration.
- Orders, tracks and reports on all internal and external wired and wireless connection activation activities.
- Develops cost proposal documents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer