Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for identifying complex problems and developing and
deploying novel prototypes and algorithms to solve them. Improves
accuracy and functionality of algorithms, and understands the overall
implications of the entire machine learning frameworks. Translates
application requirements into problem statements. Analyzes and evaluates
solutions both internally generated as well as third party supplied.
Develops novel ways to solve problems and discover new products. Provide
guidance and leadership to more junior researchers. Integrates knowledge
of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a
complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Guides the successful completion of programs that identify patterns
and make decisions with minimal human intervention. Determines the
technical objectives of an assignment. Leads the design of prototypes,
partnering with the product team and other stakeholders through
development. Conducts studies to support product or application
- Designs and implements end-to-end solutions using optimization, and
other advanced computer science technologies, and owns live deployments.
Aggregates huge amounts of data and information from large numbers of
sources to discover patterns and features necessary to automate
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technical
requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white
papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal
recommendations, and reports. Contributes to the company by creating
patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) , and other
- Presents papers and/or attends conferences, as well as displaying
leadership in these areas.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various
internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies,
testing, and reporting.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents
the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with
- Mentor a diverse team of junior engineers in machine learning
techniques, tools and concepts. Provides guidance and leadership to more
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer