Weekend Awake Supervisor ICF
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUBJECT: JOB DESCRIPTION - Night Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Residential Services Coordinator Associate Director of Program Services
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Supervise awake shift staff and coordinate the programs on the awake shift.
I. To hire, train, direct and supervise Comcare awake employees using efficient, effective personnel management practices to monitor that they fulfill all the job expectations and to ensure adequate staffing schedules at all times.
2. To provide for employee performance evaluations in coordination with the Residential Services Coordinator and/or Associate Director.
3. To administer all Comcare policies and procedures in accordance with applicable licensing and quality of care standards.
4. To communicate any needs regarding the operation and maintenance of the physical plant.
5. To ensure the provision of quality care and services to all individuals.
6. To ensure the ISP and all care plans for the individual, including medical plans are followed.
7. To ensure that all necessary records are kept regarding each individual’s program and progress, including monthly reviews and documentation outlined in the ISP and Behavior Strategies.
8. To work open shifts as needed.
9. To respond to and supervise any emergency situation.
10. To be the contact for relevant day program issues.
11. To monitor and ensure that fire drills that are due on the assigned shift are completed and documentation is submitted in a timely fashion.
12. To interpret the agency’s program to the community.
13. To cooperate, coordinate and communicate with other Shift Supervisors, Administrative Staff, Management staff, Behavior and Programming Staff.
14. To attend management meetings and to communicate with the management team any issues that occur on assigned shift.
15. Work closely with the Residential Coordinator and/or Associate Director in communicating all issues and concerns.
16. To perform other functions as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS Credentials High School Diploma or GED. Two years experience working with individuals with Developmental Disabilities and/or relevant supervisory experience. Ability to be insured as a vehicle driver by agency's insurance program. A valid driver's License. Good knowledge of basic English sufficient to read instructions, keep records and write reports. Successful completion of background and reference check. Successful completion of a drug screen.
Physical Requirements Ability to intervene physically on an occasional basis with aggressive and violent individuals including, but not limited to, the ability to engage in quick and exertive holding, stooping, bending, twisting, and turning. Ability to physically assist individuals in daily activities, including, but not limited to, assistance in transfers, eating, bathing, dressing, and toileting. Ability to perform repetitive bending and exertion movements daily including, but not limited to, those found in bed making, lifting laundry, and mopping. Ability to perform small hand movements daily including, but not limited to, those involved in the hand assembly of small manufacturing parts. Mobility sufficient to climb stairs daily and easily, enter and exit vans daily, and occasionally engage in running. Ability to engage in physical exercise several times a week with individuals including, but not limited to walking, shooting basketball and pool exercise. Visual and auditory ability to meet individuals' needs and assure their safety. Emotional Requirements Ability to handle appropriately the stress which is created by job situations including, but not limited to, noise, conflicting demands for time and attention, and physically and/or verbally aggressive/combative individuals.
Get fresh Residential Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.