Client Service Representative
- Over a month ago
Client Service Representative - Receptionist
At Combs Veterinary Clinic, our staff is small, supportive, and collaborative. We embrace a teamwork approach and are excited to be able to add another CSR to our family. Being a CSR in a veterinary office takes a special kind of person who loves helping both humans and animals alike. CSRs / Receptionists are responsible for the first and last impression a client makes when visiting a veterinary clinic, and it is important that all clients feel welcome, safe, and comfortable. CSRs are invaluable members of our hospital team, and we treat them that way. Come thrive in an environment that encourages learning and continued grow within the profession and become the bridge between pet owners and patient care!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional customer service to pet owners in a polite and timely manner, both in person and over the phone
- Admit patients: ensuring that the patient is weighed, and all information is current
- Schedule and confirm appointments, record keeping and organization, provide estimates and invoices for payment
- Process financial transactions accurately
- Respond with compassion and empathy in stressful and emotional situations
- Maintain a clean, stocked lobby and front office area
- Educate clients on wellness plans, food and products sold in waiting room
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with Nursing and Vet Team
- Perform opening and closing procedures, end of day reports and deposits
- Data Entry: records, client questionnaires, referral information, etc.
- Distribute mail
- Ensure that referral letters and lab results go to the corresponding veterinarians
- Opportunities to learn Veterinary Assistant skills if desired
Skills and Qualifications:
● One year of experience in veterinary practice (or human medical practice) preferred
● Minimum two years’ customer service experience required (retail, food and beverage, etc.)
● Familiarity with Avimark hospital software preferred
● Computer experience (email usage, word/excel) required for using front desk equipment (such as, fax machine, credit card machine, copy machine, and postage meter)
● Must possess basic math skills to determine proper deposits, make change, and process payments utilizing credit card and check terminal
● Knowledge of veterinary terminology, situational understanding and being able to successfully communicate these situations with clients and veterinary team.
● Ability to determine the difference between an emergency and a routine office visit
● Excellent communication skills with clients and team members
● Proficient with time management, ability to problem solve, learn, and handle multiple tasks
● Enthusiastic team player with a patient, friendly, and positive professional attitude
● Must be able to work seated for a majority of day
Benefits and Perks:
● Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options, all starting first of the month following date of hire
● 401K with company match
● Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options included
● Long Term Disability options
● Short Term Disability, paid for by employer
● Complimentary Life Insurance $15,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
● Personal Pet Discounts
● PTO and Paid Holidays
● Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Combs Veterinary Clinic is a progressive small 2-3 doctor animal clinic located on the West side of Bloomington: a short drive from the IU campus. Our focus is to educate pet owners, give accurate diagnoses, and provide the best care for your pet. Our experienced veterinarians offer a wide variety of surgical and medical care for small pets, but our services don’t stop there. At Combs Veterinary Clinic, we not only provide the best animal care possible but also offer boarding services. We know you care about your animals’ well-being, and we promise that you can trust they’re happy and healthy in our hands. Providing top-notch animal care isn’t just what we do — it’s what we love!
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Combs Veterinary Clinic
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?