Our Medical Receptionists acknowledges and welcomes patients and visitors. Establishes a friendly, positive encounter for each patient's visit. Assists patients in completion of appropriate forms, HIPAA Notice of Privacy practices, verifies demographic and health plan information and accurately enters it into the EMR system. Checks patients in/out, collects payments, and schedules patient appointments. Performs office duties as directed, including answering multi-line phones, routing calls, and taking messages.
- The ideal candidate will have a positive "can do" attitude and is polite and courteous to patients as well as team members.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Display maturity and ability to multi-task.
- Informs staff of patient/visitor arrival and provides instruction, assistance and information as to completion of required paperwork and waiting times.
- Answers general questions about the facility: location, rest rooms, hours of operation, etc.
- Ensures waiting area is clean, tidy, and is stocked with appropriate patient announcements and brochures.
- Is responsible for maintaining patient flow, answering phones promptly and courteously, and maintaining clinic schedules.
- Balances daily cash and collections.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as assigned.