Tier One IT Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1985, ComTech Systems INC is a Managed Technology Services Provider (MTSP) that has built a strong team of technology professionals with expertise in IT Management, Cybersecurity, Cloud Solutions and Voice Systems. ComTech Systems INC services accounts primarily in the MD, DC and VA area with a customers in many states across the U.S.
Our technical staff undergoes rigorous training from a select group of manufacturers across a well-defined technology stack. This ensures that we have high-performing teams, committed to exceeding the expectations of our valued customer base. Our effective management practices have earned us a reputation as a trusted provider and leader of cutting-edge technical solutions. As we grow, we are looking for like-minded individuals that are willing to think outside the box and offer creative solutions for complex problems.
The IT Service / Level 1 Technician is responsible for facilitating the best support to our clients by both monitoring and managing incoming client requests so they can be triaged and then dispatched to the appropriate team. This role is primarily customer service and managing ticket data. Should have excellent computer skills and basic understanding of terminology for computer and phone systems. CompTIA A+ and Net+ are desired but not required.
As an IT Service Desk / Level 1 Technician, you will:
- Answer calls to our service desk, and enter tickets
- Coordinate all support groups to ensure maximum utilization of all resources
- Triage / process new tickets to ensure support tickets do not fall through the cracks, and to ensure consistent historical ticket data
- Troubleshoot Voice and IT systems provided by ComTech including but not limited to:
- Microsoft 365 and Azure
- Network Switching, InterVLAN routing, and POE
- BDR Services
- Structured Cabling
- Windows Server (DHCP, DNS, File sharing, Print sharing, Active Directory, Group Policy)
- MS Office Applications
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Responsible for entering tickets and time in our ticketing system in real time
- Document processes and procedures as needed
- Assist our ticketing system administrator in adding / modifying workflows, ticket templates, and other administrative changes to the software
- Follow procedures, suggest enhancements to procedures, and provide superior client and internal communication
- Log detailed activities, track calls/requests utilizing ticketing software, and maintain historical records related to problem documentation and resolution
- Possibility for Onsite work as Training and Experience allow
What makes you an attractive candidate?
- 2 years' experience providing outstanding customer technical support
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge
- Interpersonal skills: communication, active listening, and customer care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Ability to learn and understand of all key services for which support is being provided, as well as support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services
- Ability and Desire to communicate with customers, understand needs and urgency and react accordingly.
ComTech Systems INC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, medical condition, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal Law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Employer matching IRA
Training for Certifications including CompTIA, Microsoft, and Others.
ComTech Systems, Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at ComTech Systems, Inc