- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Orlando, FL 32826
Duration: 6 Months
· Supervise/manage all aspects of tax compliance for Federal, State and Local income taxes in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
· Prepare monthly and year-end Canadian or US tax provision including true ups for provision to return.
· Manage all aspects of sales and use tax compliance and become proficient with Vertex Software for Sales & Use Tax.
· Prepare commodity tax returns for the Canadian company.
· Responsible for personal property and real estate tax payments, obtain inventory values for rendition reporting and monitor appraised values for accuracy.
· Manage tax calendar to ensure timely filing of all tax returns and payments.
· Administer and manage all tax correspondence with tax agencies including initial registration, follow-up inquiries, and general questionnaires, etc.
· Assist business units concerning the taxability of purchases and sales invoices concerning sales & use tax issues.
· This position will be responsible for tracking intercompany transactions to assist in the preparation of the Transfer Pricing Study.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
· The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting. MS in Tax or a CPA is preferred not but required.
· The candidate should have 7-10 plus years of experience in tax.
· Travel up to 10% will be required.
· Working knowledge of the Tax provision, Federal and State Income taxes, Sales & Use tax Compliance, ability to research tax issues. Vertex and SAP a plus. Proficient in Excel.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision since we work from home 95% of the time.
· Qualified applicants may be allowed remote working opportunities, based on business needs.
· Experience in Vertex Sales Tax software and OneSource products.
ComTec Information Systems
3501 Quadrangle BlvdOrlando, FL
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Staff Accountant III jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.