If you have extensive evaluation skills and a desire to help others live independently in their own homes despite age and physical limitations, consider a rewarding career with ComForCare. The Care Coordinator/Social worker is a key part of the team helping to determine client needs and organize care. You will be actively helping to improve the quality of life of vulnerable elders in your community.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, co-workers and all supervisors
- College degree preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a nurse, social worker, therapist or other health care professional. Extensive work in home care field considered in lieu of other experience.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under strict deadlines
A critical component of the Care Coordinator role is to demonstrate the company’s culture of compassion, accountability and results by displaying the highest standards of integrity, superb follow through and consistency, and exceptional customer service for client satisfaction.
Primary daily responsibilities:
- Introduce caregivers to clients and review care plans with each for quality assurance
- Accommodate client/family requests
- Update caregivers with new client information
- Conduct supervisory visits for clients and caregivers to meet Quality Assurance goals
- Communicate via email and written reports regarding daily activities
- Meet with potential new clients to provide information and to complete sign-on documentation
- Follow up on complaints made by clients and their representatives
- Fill in shifts when a caregiver (nurse) is unavailable
- Caregiver case management:
- Client assessments and reassessments
- Introduce caregivers to clients
- Work with new caregivers to ensure success
- Make sure caregiver has care plan and understands care plan for each client
- Make follow up visits or phone calls to clients to ensure client satisfaction
- Supervisory responsibilities:
- Visit each client in assigned territory at least once per month
- Verify accuracy of SAFs for Waiver clients every 60 days
- Complete Waiver complaints and log resolution
- Conduct unannounced supervisory visits of caregivers
- Complete reports of client and supervisory visits
Ideal candidates will have experience with clients with Alzheimer’s, other forms of dementia, and/or a geriatrics background. Ideal candidates will also have a background in psychology, sociology, or another social science field. ComForCare offices look for compassion and decisiveness when interviewing Care Coordinator/Social Worker candidates.
If you have the desire to play a key role in improving the lives of those in need of our services, we invite you to contact our office regarding the Care Coordinator/Social Worker position within our company. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off and full medical benefits.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
ComForCare Home Health Care - York PA