Home Health Aide
ComForCare Home Health Care - Kansas City Lenexa, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for individuals to join our home care family.
At ComForCare Home Care we value our employees like family. We celebrate success and have fun. Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best lives possible.
*Each office is independently owned and operated.
Provides personal care services under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Therapist. The Home Health Aide is assigned to specific clients by the Registered Nurse or other appropriate professional and performs services for clients as necessary to maintain their personal comfort.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor / Director of Clinical Services
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills test and competency evaluation.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of six (6) months work experience in a supervised setting, preferably health care facility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and follow a written Plan of Care.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving record.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (per state nurse practice laws and Agency policy).
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client's condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse or Therapist. Follows reporting guidelines in the Care Plan.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client's records. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentation per Agency requirements—at least weekly.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following Agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the Supervisor/Case Manager.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings, and team conferences, as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to Agency supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
The information below is intended to describe the general context/requirements for performance of this job.
During a typical workday, this position requires the activities listed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not limit the assignment of additional duties.