Certified Nurse Aide
ComForCare Home Health Care - Boulder Louisville, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for caregivers to join our home care family
At ComForCare Home Care we value our home care aides like family. We celebrate success and have fun! Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible.
We invite you to become part of our team! We have open positions and are looking for the very best to support clients in their homes. Whether you are looking to get started in a home care career or are an experienced aide, we have something for you.
Shifts are available throughout the metro area. We will consider your availability and preferred locations when setting up your schedule.
We provide caregivers competitive pay, training and benefits, as well as opportunities for advancement. Orientations happen each week.
Are you naturally nurturing? Do you want a job that is truly fulfilling? Our independently owned and operated franshised offices are looking for you.
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) provides clients various personal care and homemaker/companion services in accordance with an established plan of care so that they can remain in their residence.
- Provide assistance with bathing, grooming, shampooing (medicated and non-medicated shampoo) and combing/styling hair. This includes clients that have a skilled skin care need or skilled dressing that needs attention before, during or after bathing. In addition, a CNA will assist with:
- Mouth care including clients who are unconscious or have difficulty swallowing or are at risk for choking and aspiration
- Nail Care including clients with a medical condition that might involve peripheral circulatory problems or loss of sensation
- Dressing including assistance with the application of support stockings
- Ambulation, transfers, passive range of motion, safe use of equipment and assistive devices, (wheel chair, walker, crutches, cane) change of position
- Toileting and elimination including the emptying of catheter and ostomy bags
- Meal planning and food preparation and assistance with feeding
- Medication Assistance
- Other delegated nursing tasks in accordance with applicable state/Federal regulation
- Companion/Sitter/Household Management
- Provide companionship and respite services for family
- Perform homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nurse Aide course
- At least six months experience as a Certified Nurse Aide (in homes or facilities)
- Be listed in good standing on the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies website
- Achieves a minimum score of 80% on competency exam (Home Health Aide Test)
- Meets passing criteria on DEARS Ethics test
- Maintain current CPR certification
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.