Need Experienced Caregiver to work 12 hour shifts for Client in Orinda Suffering with Alzheimer's
ComForCare Home Care - Contra Costa West Pittsburg, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At ComForCare Home Care we value our home care aides like family. We celebrate success and have fun! Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible.
We invite you to become part of our team! We have an ongoing, 12 hour position available for weekdays and weekends.
We provide caregivers competitive pay, training and benefits, as well as opportunities for advancement. Orientations happen each week.
Are you naturally nurturing? Do you want a job that is truly fulfilling? Our independently owned and operated franchised offices are looking for you.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ON LINE AND/OR CALL OUR OFFICE 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday for an interview. Please call 925-258-9840.
POSITION TITLE: Home Health Aide (HHA) / Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) / Caregiver / Companion
- Registry with California Department of Social Services Home Care Aide Registry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, coworkers, and all supervisors.
- Ability to accurately follow and process written and verbal instructions.
- Satisfactorily demonstrate and perform competency in clinical skills through competency checklist and skills demonstration test.
SUPERVISED BY: Administrative Coordinator or Director of Operations
PHYSICAL 1. Eighteen years of age or older.
REQUIREMENTS 2. Visual and hearing capacities functioning at a level sufficient enough to provide for the supervisory and physical care needs of clients.
The HHA/CNA provides specifically defined, non-skilled care services under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to enable the client to remain in the home. The HHA/CNA is a licensed health care employee who provides personal care and homemaking services in the home setting to clients and families who are unable to perform these activities independently. The HHA/CNA conforms to all agency policies and procedures including providing care, compliance with the agency Bill of Rights, observing client/family confidentiality, and adhering to agency dress code.
ROUTINE DUTIES- PERSONAL CARE SERVICES
- Bathing, assistance with dressing, nail and skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo and oral hygiene.
- Assistance with ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices, (walker, crutches, cane) change of position.
- Assistance with toileting; use of bedpan, commode, or urinal; incontinent care.
- Meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding.
- Emotional support and motivation through conversation, encouragement and recreational activities.
- Maintenance of appropriate agency records.
- Present and conduct themselves in a professional manner according to agency policy.
- Adhere to infection control and safety procedures that are in accordance with agency policy.
- Light Housekeeping- including changing of bed linens, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting of client’s environment, emptying client’s wastebaskets and garbage. Refrigerators are defrosted, when necessary, if client or caretaker is unable to do so. Cleaning of the bathroom includes bathtub, sink, and toilet. The floor should be vacuumed and mopped if it becomes wet. Cleaning of kitchen includes washing dishes, counter tops and the floor.
- Personal laundry- the laundry belonging to the client him or herself. Laundry for any family members or others in the same home is not the responsibility of caregiver.
- Grocery shopping.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.