- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Columbus Oncology is looking for a full-time Pharmacy Tech to join our team! This position supports our current operations in Columbus and our newest venture - the Dublin Cancer Center, which recently opened. The Dublin Cancer Center will offer all comprehensive outpatient services that oncology patients might need - and all under one roof!
Why work for us?
- Our culture is unique. We work every day to promote a culture that is positive, supportive and patient-centered.
- We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, and a 401k profit-sharing plan.
- You get to be part of an organization that helps improve the lives of those facing cancer by providing access to the best community-based cancer care.
What will you do?
The Pharmacy Tech owns the technical aspects of medication preparation, distribution, record keeping, inventory control, as well as ordering PO & IV Chemotherapy medications through various specialty pharmacies, refills, patient and pharmacy follow up & drug prior authorizations.
This work involves:
- Preparing compounds and dispensing medications, chemotherapy, and intravenous medications upon physician's orders.
- Checking all orders for completeness; verifying patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Checking all orders for insurance approval before admixing. Under a professional’s supervision, admixes drugs within OSHA guidelines and practice guidelines.
- Calculating correct dosage volumes, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents. Counting controlled drugs weekly and maintaining records.
- Maintaining current drug information; properly disposing of all materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo IVs; cleaning hood daily or consistent with policies.
- Overseeing pharmaceutical inventory stocking; restocking and management using our computer system; assisting with processing patient charge tickets.
- Ordering all clinical supplies for the pharmacy, infusion area and clinic; reconciling invoices.
- Assuring all medication management responsibilities are completed in a safe, effective, secure and regulatory compliant manner
- Staying current on relevant pharmacotherapy topics. Attending training classes, programs, and departmental meetings.
- Providing assistance as needed to other medical personnel, such as pharmacists, physicians and nurses.
- Placing orders for & obtaining prior authorizations for PO & IV medications to appropriate specialty pharmacy in accordance with plan provisions, policies and procedures.
- Receiving requests or phone refill approvals from physicians. Entering information into the computer, including authorizing physician, number of refills authorized, or refusal of refill.
What will you need to be successful?
- Pharmacy Technician License (Required)
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift, Mon-Fri
- Non-sterile compounding lab: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)
Powered by JazzHR
Columbus Oncology & Hematology
HealthcareView all jobs at Columbus Oncology & Hematology